OT: Greatest sports bet of all-time | Syracusefan.com

OT: Greatest sports bet of all-time

In December of 2002 I bet $400 on Cuse at 50-1 :)

Also bet against my wife's (then gf's) very recent ex-boyfriend (like she broke up with him for me) $1500 on Cuse vs Oklahoma once the bracket came out. Only pay if either team wins it all :) I collected like $100/week from him for the next half year, it was ing awesome.

I was surprised that the true odds are only about 1,000,000 to 1. It feels so much harder.
So he got paid about 4,000 to 1 on something with true odds of a little over 1 million to 1.

Yeah the odds seem terrible but he did pick mostly favorites I believe

So he got paid about 4,000 to 1 on something with true odds of a little over 1 million to 1.

he would have been better off betting the pass line 20 straight times. That would've paid closer to the $25million fair value.

This guy at a sports-book in Mississippi went 20/20 on a 20-leg parlay and turned a $25 bet into $104,000. Not a bad day's work.

A missed Bradley Beal layup was literally the difference between him winning and losing.

Bettor hits 20-leg parlay, turns $25 into $104K

Several years ago (2015), a British guy bet 50 pounds on Leicester City to win the Premier League at odds of 5,000 to 1. At the then-current exchange rate, that one bet worked out to about a $350,000 pay off.

he would have been better off betting the pass line 20 straight times. That would've paid closer to the $25million fair value.
YO ELEVEN! you mean money line?

Pass line in dice
Making a point on the pass line 20 straight times? That’s not a lot of money. Oh do you mean you could press the win each time?

Making a point on the pass line 20 straight times? That’s not a lot of money. Oh do you mean you could press the win each time?

start with the $25 and double that 20 times. it's virtually the same as winning 20 straight game bets that are handicapped with points.