OT guilty pleasures favorite cheesy 80's songs | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

OT guilty pleasures favorite cheesy 80's songs

To UConn fans
Song is too good to not get tagged, Toga if you can, please insert the song title as shown below on your songs, but I've got the last couple already. This way they get added to the list.
[song: goodbye to you]

New Edition

New Edition might just be my ultimate guilty pleasure from the 80s. I want to pretend like all of Moqui's music is what I listened to, but the truth is I was all OVER the hip hop and dance like this. LOVE IT!!

[S o n g: Break my stride]
Ok, time to bust out some real ammo.

bump, too good. just too good.
Edit:
Aside from the dude...Still not sure of what the freak was going on with these solid gold dancing numbers. Girls are hot and all, but still.

Were there no mirrors in the 80s to say hey, you really have to look at your embarrassing self?
:)

There are buckets of great songs that haven't been posted yet, I was going to post one song per night but that may change.

Here's one of my favorites, from any decade:

[Song: Lovergirl]

Hey brother, offhand, I would guess that the mobile youtube links won't get picked up by my script, but not sure.
Might not be giving myself enough credit.

Remember this one so that after I run it again, you can check the link. If it doesn't work, I can probably parse the m or mobile part and clean the link up, but probably not til later tonight or this weekend.

Still, try to give full link when possible.

Texas has produced an inordinate number of quality songwriters . . . two of them are Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen, Jr. Lovett and Keen were housemates together at Texas A&M, where they honed their songwriting craft and played live, free sessions on the front porch of the house they rented.

Together, they wrote a song about that old front porch. When they became actual recording artists, each one recorded the song on one of their early albums. The interesting thing is that, although the lyrics are the same, they both titled the song differently, played it at different tempos, and sang it with a different emotional mood.

Here is Lovett's version:
[song: This Old Porch]

and here is REK's version, which includes the history of the song
[song: The Front Porch Song]

K.D. Lang is a pop songstress these days, but in the 80s she was pure country.
[song: Big Boned Gal]

So, your avatar gave me an idea. A really stupid idea :)
<----- Nevertheless, here comes the pain. Oh lawd.

Haha Wilder. Lol

He's my posse.
Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

Dr. John & Rickie Lee Jones
[song: Makin' Whoopee]

Bob Seger was at his peak in the 70s, but he still had plenty of good music released in the 80s

[song: You'll Accomp'ny Me]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom