OT: hotels in San Francisco | Syracusefan.com

OT: hotels in San Francisco

MartyMcFly

Walk On
Have a business trip coming up and never having been to SF, I was hoping some of the board denizens might be able to steer me in a solid direction. The Office is on California st. midway up nob hill. Hotels I'm considering are Le Meridian, Mark Hopkins Intercontinental, and The Omni. Any advice would be appreciated.

Depends what you want. The ones you list are all fine. The Mark is on top of Nob Hill and will have the best views. If you want to be by the water, consider the Hilton which is at the foot of Cal St. Union Square is the tourist epicenter with tons of resturant/bars and high end shopping, down the hill from the Mark and only a couple blocks from Cal St., consider the Saint Francis and Sir Francis Drake Hotels, there's also a JW Marriott around the corner. The Ritz would probably be very close to your office.

Have a business trip coming up and never having been to SF, I was hoping some of the board denizens might be able to steer me in a solid direction. The Office is on California st. midway up nob hill. Hotels I'm considering are Le Meridian, Mark Hopkins Intercontinental, and The Omni. Any advice would be appreciated.

Stayed at the Ritz last February. It was nice and all, but the room was kind of old fashioned for the price. Great location though.

If you get a chance for a nice dinner, I couldn't more highly recommend Keiko a Nob Hill. It was the best meal I've ever had.