OT - How is USF undefeated and ranked? | Syracusefan.com

OT - How is USF undefeated and ranked?

What is this P6 you speak of?
It's how UConn and the rest of their pals in the ACK now refer to themselves.
1539391082282.gif

Are you watching the game?

Lol, yes, i am . Teams have bad nights and Tulsa is fired up for their national game. Hell, there might have been a few cfb fans watching our game against Pitt wondering how we almost upset Clemson the week before.

Cfb is nuts and over 12 weeks there are a few times talent and ranking and expectations might not matter. that's why its the best regular season in sports:)

Lol, yes, i am . Teams have bad nights and Tulsa is fired up for their national game. Hell, there might have been a few cfb fans watching our game against Pitt wondering how we almost upset Clemson the week before.

Cfb is nuts and over 12 weeks there are a few times talent and ranking and expectations might not matter. that's why its the best regular season in sports:)
I agree wholeheartedly. That’s why I love college football

And Tulsa takes the lead, 24-10, with a minute to go in the 3rd quarter. Not a bad game to watch if you aren't a USF or Charlie Strong fan.

I agree wholeheartedly. That’s why I love college football

Best and most sig regular season. big games from labor day through December and its great you look at the NBA and NHL that take 7-8 months to play 82 games and when its all said and done, the reg season that is, half the league mskes the playoffs. 16/32 and its comical. The fact that an 8 can beat a 1 on the NHL playoffs actually renders their RS as the most sig as all you need to do is figure it out and have a hot goalie. in the NBA 8s dont beat 1s and 7s rarely even compete with 2s. Thus alot more order and that validates the sig of the reg season in the NBA, grabbing a higher sead matters a bit

Not to hijack the thread but my second fav reg season is MLB. Most rag on it, too many games, etc but when only 10 teams make the the playoff anx 4 of those teams are gonna play a one game play on game; an obscure loss on may or August could matter. Losing a division by a game and baseball gets 162 done in 6 months, less time than the NHL and NBA

Best and most sig regular season. big games from labor day through December and its great you look at the NBA and NHL that take 7-8 months to play 82 games and when its all said and done, the reg season that is, half the league mskes the playoffs. 16/32 and its comical. The fact that an 8 can beat a 1 on the NHL playoffs actually renders their RS as the most sig as all you need to do is figure it out and have a hot goalie. in the NBA 8s dont beat 1s and 7s rarely even compete with 2s. Thus alot more order and that validates the sig of the reg season in the NBA, grabbing a higher sead matters a bit

Not to hijack the thread but my second fav reg season is MLB. Most rag on it, too many games, etc but when only 10 teams make the the playoff anx 4 of those teams are gonna play a one game play on game; an obscure loss on may or August could matter. Losing a division by a game and baseball gets 162 done in 6 months, less time than the NHL and NBA
Are you old enough to remember that only the pennant winners in Baseball made the playoffs? You had to finish first in your division, period! Makes all the regular season games meaningful. I used to love baseball... until all the strikes. Now I hate it, for many reasons

And USF just put their 3rd string QB in ...,,

Notice Tulsas new colors tonight? Red and black. I like them but their colors have always been a royal blue and yellow. Lol.

Are you old enough to remember that only the pennant winners in Baseball made the playoffs? You had to finish first in your division, period! Makes all the regular season games meaningful. I used to love baseball... until all the strikes. Now I hate it, for many reasons

I get it, the strikes pushed some fans away. Heck, come back, plenty of young stars in the game and its still, IMHO, the best playoff sport. Check out this brewer's squad, they have alot of moxy.

I do remember those days, i am 49 and i was grieigrowing up listening to vin scully call a yankees vs dodgers ws with Fernando on tje mound. Epic.

Must be Nike

EXACTLY, but really weird. They still look great, bold and sharp. We still have the biggest identity crisis in cfb when it comes yo unis. Nike didn't get it, maybe we didn't and its hard to watch them keep pumping out beautiful unis for team after team. I think gross' obsession with the nyc thing and being nys team was the motivation and our admim. Could have shot them down. The 44 degree lines blow it all up.

I get it, the strikes pushed some fans away. Heck, come back, plenty of young stars in the game and its still, IMHO, the best playoff sport. Check out this brewer's squad, they have alot of moxy.

I do remember those days, i am 49 and i was grieigrowing up listening to vin scully call a yankees vs dodgers ws with Fernando on tje mound. Epic.
I grew up an Expos fan. We had the best team in baseball in 1994. Then there was a strike and it ended the season. Team was full of superstars. Would have won the World Series that year, and Montreal would still have a team to this day. The team never recovered after the strike, and all the stars left.
Sigh

I grew up an Expos fan. We had the best team in baseball in 1994. Then there was a strike and it ended the season. Team was full of superstars. Would have won the World Series that year, and Montreal would still have a team to this day. The team never recovered after the strike, and all the stars left.
Sigh

I 100% get your angst! That squad was loaded and fun. Walker, vlad, Pedro, etc.

South Florida beat Georgia Tech. So did Pitt, but GT did beat Louisville. The ACC this season is hard to figure.

Seems like that is an entirely different universe now. I remember in the 80’s the Yanks having some pretty decent teams and not going anywhere because they finished 2nd or 3rd. Pretty much the only time I watch a MLB regular season game now is if I’m physically there.

Seems like that is an entirely different universe now. I remember in the 80’s the Yanks having some pretty decent teams and not going anywhere because they finished 2nd or 3rd. Pretty much the only time I watch a MLB regular season game now is if I’m physically there.
The wild card was created to get the Yanks and Don Mattingly in the post season. It’s a bit like big time college football

Vladimir did not debut until 1996.

Yup. 94 outfield was Moises Alou, Marquis Grissom, and Larry Walker. Grissom and Walker were soon gone. Plus Ken Hill who was their ace, and John Wetteland - one of the best closers in the league.

Cliff Floyd, Rondell White, Mike Lansing, Mark Grudzielonik, Jeff Fassaro, etc...even beyond their obvious stars they couldn’t keep, they churned out a lot of other nice prospects who became solid players with Montreal and then were moved in their primes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom