OT: Is College of Faith even a real school? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Is College of Faith even a real school?

SteveC

Starter
An online only, non accredited university but has a football team. Who can't score a point. With a coach, Waycus Luckett, that was arrested for intention to distribute crack-cocaine.

They just played Davidson, a d2 school, and got blown out 56-0.
Also lost to Tusculum 72-0. Tusculum "allowed" an NCAA record -120 yards rushing. That's NCAA, as in the organization CoF isn't a part of.

The reddit thread did a lot of research into the team with a lot of interesting comments.

They also have an amazing website

Why not!! The University of Phoenix has a stadium named after them and they don't even have any sports teams.

That is fascinating. I read the article on ESPN and figured it must be a really tiny bible school that has a pay-for-play college football team.

Turns out it's probably just a guy who saw the opportunity to exploit larger schools for $25K a couple weekends every year.

I just hope this means that there will be a HUGE turnout for the ASCAA championship game this year! I'm guessing Fox Sports 1 will pick it up.

Interesting comment from that Reddit thread:

throwawaybruh 291 points 8 hours ago

Using a throwaway, but I play for Davidson College, the team that played CoF last week. This was the most embarrassing ever. We were bad last year, but us players were still pissed we scheduled these guys. We had our starters out before the end of the first quarter and barely ran our offense because we felt bad for almost putting up 50 in the first half. If we had just kept playing I don't see how we could've scored less than 150 They were so bad and it sucks as a player to have to try and justify any reason why we should've been playing them to other people. It was embarrassing as an athlete. But I suppose it's a win, and we're moving on to the rest of our schedule now

They lost to Ave Maria 52-0??? Ave Maria is just southeast of where I live and I didn't even know they had a football team.

I love this line; "The admissions page for UoF has an application that just asks for "Address, Height, Weight, Position." I thought Miami had that line copyrighted back in the '90s.

In other news, every SEC athletic director is perched outside the front door of CoF as giddy and nervous as a 14 year old boy picking up his first date.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom