Class of 2017 - OT Isaiah Wilson (NY) Committed to UGA | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 OT Isaiah Wilson (NY) Committed to UGA

umm if we aren't recruiting one of the very best players in the country that just happens to be from NYS then there is something seriously wrong. And we were recruiting him. He was up for the Spring game.
I think he meant the coach at Poly Prep, trying to explain his grudge.

jekelish said:
I think he meant the coach at Poly Prep, trying to explain his grudge.

Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about. Isaiah seems to like SU. It would be nice if the coach stayed objective.

Yes, that is exactly what I was talking about. Isaiah seems to like SU. It would be nice if the coach stayed objective.

If the kid really wanted to though it would work out. I wish I could tell some of the stories I heard regarding Dontae Strickland recruitment, and how down right rude his HS HC was. These coaches really need to realize it's not about them.

anomander said:
If the kid really wanted to though it would work out. I wish I could tell some of the stories I heard regarding Dontae Strickland recruitment, and how down right rude his HS HC was. These coaches really need to realize it's not about them.

Yeah, but Strickland was all about SU, he wasn't going to be swayed. What if Isaiah was just favoring SU and his coach tore SU apart enough to make him rethink. As you said, the coaches make it about themselves. It sucks

Please do! Can PM me

We're never going to get any of the top 5 in NYC, all those players will have bigger offers.

but, but, we're New York's College Team! Doesn't that count for something?

baggerbob said:
We're never going to get any of the top 5 in NYC, all those players will have bigger offers.

I disagree. "Never" is a long time and Babers is just getting this thing going.

No artificial ceilings please.

came across this on mgoblog.com: "Five-star NY OL Isaiah Wilson, who named Michigan his leader a month or two ago, tweets that he will be on campus this weekend."

So maybe he commits to them and next January Harbaugh decides to go over the top of him because somebody "better" comes along. It's not like he hasn't done that in the past.

From the ESPN article on him...thanks, ESPN (though it is tough to argue right now):

"Since he is from New York, there is no in-state school to fend off, but it does look as though Michigan is the early favorite."

5262.jpg

This kid will get so lost amongst all the the big boys and no one will know him. This is what gets me is why not stay home, like SU and be good amongst his piers and be notice by many. jmo

This kid will get so lost amongst all the the big boys and no one will know him. This is what gets me is why not stay home, like SU and be good amongst his piers and be notice by many. jmo
Why do you think he will get lost? Who's to say he doesn't start for 2 or 3 years and go on to the NFL? If he would get lost at one of those schools, I don't necessarily want him at SU. It would be nice if he wanted to come to SU, but if not, time to move on.

Perhaps he doesn't just want to be a good dock worker.

javadoc said:
The best players from NYS continue to be followers, not leaders.

Why would anyone choose us over the other schools? We need to win 1st, then we'll get them to take a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom