OT - Jameis out for FULL game against Clemson | Syracusefan.com

OT - Jameis out for FULL game against Clemson

MikeSU02

Living Legend
Based on FSU's findings during investigation of the latest incident.

EDIT REQUEST: Mods, can someone fix Jameis' spelling in the title? Stupid autocorrect.

EDIT REQUEST: Mods, can someone fix Jameis' spelling in the title? Stupid autocorrect.
Well maybe 'Jamie's crying'? Van Halen ;)

At least they aren't hiding behind the FHRITP comments. They said it is due to continuing investigations.

I'm a believer of where there's smoke there's fire -- it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Jumbo made a huge mistake dismissing Winston's behavior in the press conference, especially wit the University President being p#ssed to begin with. I'm sure the upper administration had a hand in this. Finally it seems a though there is going to be a serious push to clean up the conduct of football players off the field.

Bruce Feldman‏@BruceFeldmanCFB 5h
SOURCE:Winston's suspension due to FSU administration finding discrepency w/ his account of where he was standing when saying theobscenities

SOURCE:Winston's suspension due to FSU administration finding discrepency w/ his account of where he was standing when saying theobscenities
So this may mean he lied about it? If he's suspended for lying, there's far more to this story than we know.

So this may mean he lied about it? If he's suspended for lying, there's far more to this story than we know.

Something odd because there were supposed witnesses tweeting, and I saw tweets, about seeing him on a table in or in the area of the Student Union yelling. Now wouldn't the administration have known where this happened prior to this move?

If he's yelling it on campus it shouldn't really matter where he's yelling it. So lying about the location of it shouldn't adjust his suspension in any way.

In terms of the ACC, if FSU loses to Clemson without Winston and ends up not winning the title they are favored to win because of it, I can't even imagine the number of people who will call for FSUs administration for suspending him for a statement said(read screamed) on campus.

What does that even mean? He was standing stage left as opposed to stage back right?

He was standing on a booth as opposed to a chair?

How in the world would that change the suspension?

Game opened at -20.

It was at -14 last night.

Interesting times...

Was talking to a UT Alum yesterday who said "Thank God social media wasn't around like this when Peyton Manning was in college". I'm pretty sure most people here think he is the epitome of professionalism and decency in football. However, in college he got in trouble because the female trainer was checking out something on his backside and allegedly, he just straight up, in the nude, leaned back on purpose and sat/rubbed on her face and laughed.

Now Jameis has had his issues, no doubt, but given the transgressions we've had by some of our basketball players, maybe people should step off their high horse when it comes to Winston. If you judge all 18-23 year old kids just as harshly, then, by all means, do your thing.

Last edited:
Score one for the public?

Someone finally convinced them that a first half suspension sets him up to be the game hero. And teaches him nothing except that he's bulletproof until he loses.

Still think FSU rolls because of their D. They looked a little lackluster against OSU, and Jameis pretty much did beat them in the 4th, but I don't think this Clempsum team is quite as good as we're making them out to be. OSU would probably give them fits with their offense, too. Vic Beasley will be better suited for a pocket passer, and Winston could have neutralized him a little bit, but FSU may just run the ball away from Beasley with that OL. FSU by 20+

Was talking to a UT Alum yesterday who said "Thank God social media wasn't around like this when Peyton Manning was in college". I'm pretty sure most people here think he is the epitome of professionalism and decency in football. However, in college he got in trouble because the female trainer was checking out something on his backside and allegedly, he just straight up, in the nude, leaned back on purpose and say on her face and laughed.

Now Jameis has had his issues, no doubt, but given the transgressions we've had by some of our basketball players, maybe people should step off their high horse when it comes to Winston. If you judge all 18-23 year old kids just as harshly, then, by all means, do your thing.

College kids are crude. I remember walking past a large tour group at the same time a group of guys blasted something loud and obscene out of their dorm with the speakers pointing out the window. It was hilarious then and it's still kind of funny.

Of all the things he's done or been accused of, this is harmless.

Last edited:
Ignoramus Jameis.... His new name

Instead of apologizing to woman who he might have offended he apologized to his teammates,coaches and to his fans. These supporters here were not the ones offended. Then he says he's not a "ME" person then says he wants to play football in the games.

Jimbo = Goodell

He was also held at gun point and ordered to the ground by university while hunting varmints on campus with a B.B. gun during his true freshman year and was covered up until recently. This should have come out during the rape allegations when the university was defending his character in the news story after story

Last edited:
Someone had on twitter the other day that it was outside of a classroom. So it's possible he did it in a couple of places and FSU found out it wasn't just in the student union, but also an academic building.

The incident alone may be pretty harmless, but with his track record it becomes a bigger deal.

What exactly did he say? Bleep out the naughty words...

Score one for the public?

Someone finally convinced them that a first half suspension sets him up to be the game hero. And teaches him nothing except that he's bulletproof until he loses.

That's true. But in my opinion, I find it disingenuous and lame when these organizations [across all sports] impose a penalty, only to cave to the groundswell of public pressure and increase the penalty later on, after imposing the original penalty.

Sack up, and stick to your guns.