OT: Jim Boeheim threatens to punch Jay Williams over basketball opinion | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Jim Boeheim threatens to punch Jay Williams over basketball opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who stops Clark in a men’s league game?
I don’t know. It’s just guessing. Many, not all? I’ve never seen her play. The women’s game is uninteresting to me. I’ve seen the WNBA enough to know Kyle Cuffe would score at will. I stand by my statement. It’s a silly discussion. My only point was that 40 a game was a significant understatement.
She’d play better defense than JJ.
yeah, no, she couldn’t.

I don’t know. It’s just guessing. Many, not all? I’ve never seen her play. The women’s game is uninteresting to me. I’ve seen the WNBA enough to know Kyle Cuffe would score at will. I stand by my statement. It’s a silly discussion. My only point was that 40 a game was a significant understatement.
Yet you feel like an expert in what she can do on a basketball court?

as i've said above. both great. my point is that the game of men's basketball and women's basketball (or lax for that matter) is so fundamentally different that it's like comparing bowling with archery. being a great bowler doesn't make you a great archer. let's celebrate both records . but don't put them in the same sentence for comparative measure . it's a totally different game. congrats caitlyn . you are the all-time Women's NCAA basketball scorer. but don't say you passed pistol pete's record . silly to even discuss it.
I disagree with your basketball comparison. The men and women play the same game; the differences being that the men play it above the rim, and the women play it with better fundamentals (in the opinion of one John Wooden). As a matter of fact, the women's college game is more like the NBA--"fouls to give", no one-and-ones--than the men's college game.

You're right about lacrosse, though. The women's game is an entirely different sport, and I don't understand why they won't give the women the equipment and let them hit each other. Hockey has no problem with women playing the traditional sport.

Yet you feel like an expert in what she can do on a basketball court?
If you asked me what an outstanding female football player could do playing against men, or a hockey player, or a baseball player, I think I would have a pretty good idea. Memo to the woke. Women are not men. I don’t feel I should have to explain the differences. She is great against women. Great! She is (I just looked it up) six feet tall and weighs 154 pounds. An expert? I didn’t say that, did I? Do I have a pretty well founded opinion? Sure!

If you asked me what an outstanding female football player could do playing against men, or a hockey player, or a baseball player, I think I would have a pretty good idea. Memo to the woke. Women are not men. I don’t feel I should have to explain the differences. She is great against women. Great! She is (I just looked it up) six feet tall and weighs 154 pounds. An expert? I didn’t say that, did I? Do I have a pretty well founded opinion? Sure!
154? She could play center for us at that weight.

Look up Cheryl Miller and see what guys thought about her, Caitlin Clark is better, like a lot better. Maybe you’ll get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.