Class of 2019 - OT Jimmy Fritzsche (SC) Committed to Nebraska | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OT Jimmy Fritzsche (SC) Committed to Nebraska

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

The 6-foot-7, 255-pound Fritzsche is rated three stars by 247Sports.com. A Greenville (S.C.) High School product who is being recruited as an offensive tackle, he does not have an offer from the Orange yet, but that could change this weekend. Nebraska, Appalachian State and Connecticut are among the schools to have offered him.

Fritzsche said most programs are recruiting him as an offensive tackle, though a couple view him as a tight end. He has a visit scheduled to Nebraska next weekend and expects to make a commitment in December.

Love this prospect's frame. Could see him growing into a huge, athletic LT in the mold of Dees / Banewicz.

Not listed with an SU offer, according to a 'rival' site. Has offers from Nebraska and Purdue.

6-7, 245? I'd take a flyer on him.

1543511041295.jpeg
1543511062064.png

He's 6'7" 255...coincidence?

This could get interesting with Satterfield now hired as the new HC at Louisville.

The Clemson OL recruiting is, well, puzzling.

"only Nebraska." It's a whole new world out there. :)
It's a little difficult to say Syracuse and Nebraska are his top two when he only has an offer from one.

The Clemson OL recruiting is, well, puzzling.

"only Nebraska." It's a whole new world out there. :)
I'm so confused at OL recruiting at this point.

Tisdale took his spot.
I would love to have another kid this size at TE. Is no one offering him at TE because he isn't athletic enough to play the position at the college level?

I would love to have another kid this size at TE. Is no one offering him at TE because he isn't athletic enough to play the position at the college level?
Correct. Andrew Tuazama is similar size though. He is an intriguing TE prospect, and we have recently had two in-homes with other TE's. Staff seems to want to add another with Benson already in the class.

Correct. Andrew Tuazama is similar size though. He is an intriguing TE prospect, and we have recently had two in-homes with other TE's. Staff seems to want to add another with Benson already in the class.
Thanks for the confirmation. Not "athletic enough for TE" could be a very nice athletic OT, but as stated earlier he's probably been replaced by Tisdale.

That’s where the need is and what we have primarily been targeting. Just my opinion though.

Ah -- I had him confused with Brett Seither [sp?], which is why I was puzzled by your comment. Hope we land both, and Seither stays at TE [another position of long-term need].

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom