OT - JR Smith !!!! | Syracusefan.com

OT - JR Smith !!!!

newmexicuse

All Conference
Amazing plays to win the game. A steal leading to a dunk. Then he hits a difficult game tying shot & then w 1 sec on the clock he gets an inbounds pass & hits an amazing game winner. Super clutch performance !!! Also, great, great game by Jason Kidd. Knicks win wo both Melo and Felton !!

JR Swishhhh.

Felton out 4-6 weeks ughhh. Kidd/Prigioni going to be playing some big minutes this next month for "2 old guys".

the way Felton has been playing recently him missing time isnt a killer, but they're going to need to sign a third PG from the D league or something.

the way Felton has been playing recently him missing time isnt a killer, but they're going to need to sign a third PG from the D league or something.

Knicks can't do that as they are at their max 15 man roster, and would need to cut someone. The two non-guaranteed contracts are Rasheed Wallace and Chris Copeland, both way too valuable to cut. If they need a 3rd guard then Shumpert or even JR can fill that role. But the biggest change will just be increased minutes for Pablo (who fortunately may be the best 3rd-string point guard in the NBA). They are actually lucky they have been playing Kidd mostly at the 2 this year, so can just move him over to the point for awhile. Also lucky that Shumpert is due back in the next couple weeks, so they can just move him into that now open 2-spot. Until then just continue to give J.R. huge minutes at the 2---he has been playing great anyway. No worries folks, the Knicks depth is incredible this year, and should ultimately save the season.

Knicks have the deepest squad in NBA history. Only a major injury to Melo could stop this team from cutting down the nets this season. Gravy train with biscuit wheels... everybody gets some!

I loved it when Telfair stepped out of bounds with one second left giving the Knicks one last chance to win it.

Here are the highlights

Pretty amazing, huh?

Before this season JR had never hit a game winning shot in his life at any level, now he has two in less than a month.

When asked about that fact & the degree of difficulty on the game tying shot he said, "Watching all of those MJ tapes finally paid off."

The one play that I did not like was when Smith purposely undercut a defenseless Goran Dragic when he left his feet for a layup. After missing two free throws Dragic left the game for good with 22 seconds left in the 1st half. He had contusions on his back, right wrist and hip after the hard fall.

JR Smith should be an All Star this year. He has been money. If 3 Heat players make it and he doesn't...it should be a criminal offense.

if Shump is back in the next few weeks then that will be fine; I'm skeptical of that though...

I loved it when Telfair stepped out of bounds with one second left giving the Knicks one last chance to win it.

Here are the highlights

Pretty amazing, huh?

Before this season JR had never hit a game winning shot in his life at any level, now he has two in less than a month.

When asked about that fact & the degree of difficulty on the game tying shot he said, "Watching all of those MJ tapes finally paid off."

The one play that I did not like was when Smith purposely undercut a defenseless Goran Dragic when he left his feet for a layup. After missing two free throws Dragic left the game for good with 22 seconds left in the 1st half. He had contusions on his back, right wrist and hip after the hard fall.
They showed the replay several times - it looked like JR realized he couldn't catch up & was trying to avoid the play. I did not think it should have even been called a flagrant. However, as the announcers said - only JR knows for sure.

JR Smith should be an All Star this year. He has been money. If 3 Heat players make it and he doesn't...it should be a criminal offense.

I doubt the Heat get anyone besides LeBron on the All Star team

I was basing my opinion on merit. I forgot the fans vote for the starters. Both Rondo and Deron Williams won't get enough votes to get Wade out of the starters spot.

Wade has still had a pretty good season. It's just one stat, but he has, by a pretty wide margin, the best PER of any guard in the Eastern conference. I doubt there are 4 or 5 guards in the East having a better year than he is.

I was basing my opinion on merit. I forgot the fans vote for the starters. Both Rondo and Deron Williams won't get enough votes to get Wade out of the starters spot.

Yeah, I think you can make a strong case against Wade and for him. Personally, I would like to see Rondo in the all star game because I think having a pass-first PG helps make the game more fun.

Would also like to see Kyrie Irving in it as well.

Im sure Shump's people have him on the same schedule as Adrian Petersen. No reason he can't comeback and be even better than before, right away.

Yeah, I think you can make a strong case against Wade and for him. Personally, I would like to see Rondo in the all star game because I think having a pass-first PG helps make the game more fun.

Would also like to see Kyrie Irving in it as well.

I think it was Simmons who said that Kidd and Nash should be grandfathered into the All star game every year just to make the game more fun to watch

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Melo leads the All star game in scoring..and gets MVP. Other guys tend to pass first in these games... but Melo will probably take and make about 15 14 foot jumpers. :)

Kyrie should definately be in the All-Star game.

Knicks should be ok with Kidd/Prigioni playing PG and JR/Shump/White at SG once Shump comes back. Only worry is the fact that Kidd and Prigioni are both pretty old and you worry about sustained increased minutes and one of them getting hurt which is why they will probably play JR at the point for stretches in the game as well.

Who else is starting to feel like maybe Copeland should take Novak's minutes?

Kyrie should definately be in the All-Star game.

Knicks should be ok with Kidd/Prigioni playing PG and JR/Shump/White at SG once Shump comes back. Only worry is the fact that Kidd and Prigioni are both pretty old and you worry about sustained increased minutes and one of them getting hurt which is why they will probably play JR at the point for stretches in the game as well.

Who else is starting to feel like maybe Copeland should take Novak's minutes?

Copeland is much more dynamic. Save Novak for teams like the Heat, who feel like they can cheat off of shooters. Novak is fairly useless in any other role. Though I do love when a scrub does the championship belt schtick.

If Copeland keeps shooting like this he will probably steal some time from Novak. Novak is as one dimensional as it gets, though that one dimension is pretty much amazing.

Novak still opens up things on offense when he isn't getting looks because no one leaves him. But he's so, so bad defensively.

They showed the replay several times - it looked like JR realized he couldn't catch up & was trying to avoid the play. I did not think it should have even been called a flagrant. However, as the announcers said - only JR knows for sure.
That play was dirty. Smith didn't hustle enough on the play, so at the last second he put his shoulder under Dragic. Absolutely disgraceful. I hope he's ashamed of himself.

That play was dirty. Smith didn't hustle enough on the play, so at the last second he put his shoulder under Dragic. Absolutely disgraceful. I hope he's ashamed of himself.
I hope the refs are ashamed of missing the fact the ball hit the rim before that play that should have resulted in the Knicks having the ball, with the last shot, heading into halftime. Sorry but I am really getting sick of how this team and its star player gets officiated night in and night out. Its becoming a theme that even the announcers and media have picked up on.

I hope the refs are ashamed of missing the fact the ball hit the rim before that play that should have resulted in the Knicks having the ball, with the last shot, heading into halftime. Sorry but I am really getting sick of how this team and its star player gets officiated night in and night out. Its becoming a theme that even the announcers and media have picked up on.
Can't argue with the fact that Phoenix shouldn't have even had the ball, but it was still an impulsive dirty play on J.R.'s part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom