OT - Just finished the book "Fall River Dreams" | Syracusefan.com

OT - Just finished the book "Fall River Dreams"

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Anyone read this one before about Durfee High in general and Chris Herren in specific? I didn't follow SU hoops back then and didn't know that he had been recruited by JB to play alongside Moten. Anyone remember this? Just curious if he would have started as a frosh like the book claims he was promised.

Very interested to see all the familiar names of the college coaches and their assistants in the book.

I read it a long time ago. Very good book.

If you are looking for another similar, and haven't read it already, check out The Last Shot by Darcy Frey. I loved that book when I read it in like, oh, 6th or 7th grade. All about Coney Island hoops and largely about a 15 year old Steph Marbury.

Didn't ESPN do a 30 for 30 on Chris Herren? I remember watching some documentary on him that was VERY good.

Don't know if he'd have started; maybe a commitment from Herren would stopped us from offering Michael Lloyd? If so, yeah, he'd probably have started as a freshman. I don't get the sense the staff had too much faith in Z after Autry graduated.

Didn't Herren get into a Marshall Street fight during his recruiting visit and then show up to a meal with the coaches with a black eye?

Anyone read this one before about Durfee High in general and Chris Herren in specific? I didn't follow SU hoops back then and didn't know that he had been recruited by JB to play alongside Moten. Anyone remember this? Just curious if he would have started as a frosh like the book claims he was promised.

Very interested to see all the familiar names of the college coaches and their assistants in the book.
I think my memory could be faulty that he had a little bit of a trouble here on his visit and was 1 of the reasons he didn't come. Retrospectively I think he was never gonna leave the Boston area

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Didn't ESPN do a 30 for 30 on Chris Herren? I remember watching some documentary on him that was VERY good.
I'm not sure if it was technically a 30 for 30, but it was an ESPN documentary. It was outstanding.

Yes they did - it was one of my favorites. Unreal that when he played for the Boston Celtics, he was outside the arena buying drugs (painkillers, etc) like 10-15 minutes before tipoff.