OT: Kansas plans a $17.5 million apartment complex to house basketball players | Syracusefan.com

OT: Kansas plans a $17.5 million apartment complex to house basketball players

Kansas is just as bad as kentucky. Everyone talks about Calipari, but Self is just as big a slimeball.

But I thought schools would go bankrupt if they had to pay their athletes...or is this just another example of the level playing field that the NCAA is around to maintain?

And Kansas isn't paying a dime.

I Am struggling to determine how the rental revenue of 34 non athletes, offset by operational costs will fully pay off the bond. With no costs, to generate a million a year, rent would need to be 3k a month. And of course their will be many costs... so number is much higher. and a bond would likely require more annual cash flows then a million.

Sounds like a fantasy camp for really rich kids.

Edit - I stupidly missed the donor part that will fill part of it.

Last edited:
Obviously this is a naive statement, but if regular students wouldn't have any possibility of living there... that seems to violate the integrity of the student-athlete.

OttoinGrotto said:
Obviously this is a naive statement, but if regular students wouldn't have any possibility of living there... that seems to violate the integrity of the student-athlete.

Is there any integrity of student athletes?

eh...they will stick 3 or 4 students in their along with the basketball team to cover their asses.

Here's a picture of the new complex-
l.jpg

building the facility doesn't make self a slimeball...but self is a slimeball to the nth degree.

I've always thought he was an excellent coach who has succeeded at every level he's been.

I've always thought he was an excellent coach who has succeeded at every level he's been.
so is calipari and a bunch of others. they both also do a lot to raise money for charity. i don't begrudge how they do their business. if there was an ncaa coaches equivalent to the nhl's Lady Byng* (for sporstmanship and conduct), those two would not be in the running.

*that was a goofy analogy but am sort of proud of myself.

Anything to back that up?

Last I checked Self has never had a season vacated, and up until this year never reeled in the blockbuster classes calipers has been getting for years.

Anything to back that up?

Last I checked Self has never had a season vacated, and up until this year never reeled in the blockbuster classes calipers has been getting for years.
the usual stuff. aau connections that bring recruits (e.g., mclemore) where money is rumored to be involved. kicking players out when they've been overrecruited (jr giddens...after he was stabbed). affairs. awful hair implants :) .

eh...they will stick 3 or 4 students in their along with the basketball team to cover their asses.
Lawrinson, I just made a photoshop request in the "Brent's advice" thread if you're up for a goof off project.

Maybe I am in the minority here, but as much as I think of a scumbag Calipari and other coaches are, I consider the NCAA hypocrisy far worse then anything these guys have ever done except for Joe Paterno.