OT: KFC Yum Center going bankrupt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: KFC Yum Center going bankrupt

Are there not enough other concert tours/acts coming through Louisville/Yum to stay afloat?

This is my fear for if and when we ever build a new hoops arena. Say what you want about the Dome but its serviceable, cheap and isnt doing the university any harm. Certainly would love a new splashy 25,000 seat arena but it aint broke now so no need to fix it.

This is my fear for if and when we ever build a new hoops arena. Say what you want about the Dome but its serviceable, cheap and isnt doing the university any harm. Certainly would love a new splashy 25,000 seat arena but it aint broke now so no need to fix it.

Mark me down for being in the "I hope we play in the Dome for another 50 years" group.

Perhaps a generous business agreement between the arena and UL is how the athletic department has made a bunch of their revenue (and led to financial dire straits for the arena)?

i would love to know just how much the u of l AD is making on the arean v how much they SHOULD be making...

i would love to know just how much the u of l AD is making on the arean v how much they SHOULD be making...

If you exclude depreciation and amortization, UL should cough up $16M per year. Of course, we have no way of knowing exactly how much the AD makes, but its highly probable they make at least that.

Are there not enough other concert tours/acts coming through Louisville/Yum to stay afloat?
Like I said earlier, UL has scheduling priority the day of mens and womens home games, also the day before and the day after for both mens and womens teams. That's 3 days UL has control of the arena for mens and womens games for people counting at home. It's hard to bring in acts when the building is mostly unavailable November thru early March.

The Arena Authority who agreed to the lease was a bunch of UL board members, it was the shadiest deal ever. They also have scheduling priority the day of, before and after it's mens and womens games. Basically it's very hard for the Yum Center to book events during basketball season, this was done to keep the NBA out.

For the record, UL athletics counts the 8 million dollars a year or so that they receive from the school as revenue.

And the next question that needs to be asked is how did those UL Board Members get on the Arena Authority - a government department? They weren't elected to the board, so someone had to place them there. hmmmm...could it be the Governor of Kentucky? Why, yes it was. Irony of that is that Steve Beshear is a UK graduate! LMAO!

So, once again, we have government sticking their nose into something that the free market should have handled and now the state has a huge debt issue that will most likely be solved by fleecing the taxpayers. For what? so, some college basketball players can shoot hoops for 2 hours a week, 5 months out of the year?

BTW, the bonds for this arena are rated just above "junk" by the S&P.

hey don't be so cynical. i'd go for the chicken alone. and i hated the colonel with his wee beady eyes...

"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken" -Colonel Sanders