OT: Kickoff Line Moving Up? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Kickoff Line Moving Up?

Making Special Teams that much more irrelevant. Before you know it, punt returns will have to be a mandatory fair catch.

Wasn't the kickoff line the 35 for a long time in college football, up through the 90s I think?

As a team who struggles to kick off into the end zone, and struggles to cover said kickoffs that don't go into the end zone, I welcome this rule change.

If I were one of our opponents I would strongly oppose.

Wasn't the kickoff line the 35 for a long time in college football, up through the 90s I think?

As a team who struggles to kick off into the end zone, and struggles to cover said kickoffs that don't go into the end zone, I welcome this rule change.

If I were one of our opponents I would strongly oppose.
Marrone is probably thinking, "Glad I didn't hire a ST coach. Our biggest problem just went away."

Making Special Teams that much more irrelevant. Before you know it, punt returns will have to be a mandatory fair catch.

Didn't we already try that approach? I don't recall it as being a particularly popular move.

I wonder if there was any indication this might be coming before we used a scholarship on a guy specifically for kick-off duty?

I wonder if there was any indication this might be coming before we used a scholarship on a guy specifically for kick-off duty?
Even so, we would still have needed one. 5 yards alone wouldn't have ensured touchbacks last year. Lots of catches inside the 5, but then we would have had to cover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom