OT: Knicks worked out Scoop | Syracusefan.com

OT: Knicks worked out Scoop

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Alan Hahn@alanhahn
#Knicks predraft workouts: Holloway (Xavier), Jardine (Sy'cuse), K. Middleton (A&M), J. Shurna (Nwestern), M. Eric (Temple), B. James (FSU)

i have never seen sy'cuse before.

interesting indeed... James would be great value in the 2nd .. good backup 4/5 guy.. physical and great rebounder.

Scoop always reminded me of a poor man's Andre Miller. I doubt he has the quickness & athleticism to play at the next level, but he does have the handle & the smarts. Hopefully, there is some need for his skillset. After watching the Knicks, it is hard to believe that Scoop would be much worse than Toney or Bibby at the point.

The NBA goes through a lot of backup PG's...Scoop might have a 15% chance to land somewhere because of that.

I just think he has a the wrong build (lack thereof?) for the league. This isn't 1978.

The NBA goes through a lot of backup PG's...Scoop might have a 15% chance to land somewhere because of that.

I just think he has a the wrong build (lack thereof?) for the league. This isn't 1978.
you mean 1.5 %, hes not nba material, hes over seas material.

Scoop always reminded me of a poor man's Andre Miller. I doubt he has the quickness & athleticism to play at the next level, but he does have the handle & the smarts. Hopefully, there is some need for his skillset. After watching the Knicks, it is hard to believe that Scoop would be much worse than Toney or Bibby at the point.
More like a destitute, desperate and yanking off businessmen in back alleys for scraps of food version of Andre Miller.

That was the name that came to me as well.. unfortunately his ability to get into the paint and throw the lob is probably where similarity starts to falter. Miller is a legitimate pg who can post his man and score a number of ways..

I agree that Scoop is best fit as an overseas guy.. but there also aren't many good backup PG's around the league and you get to third string and scoop's not that far off.. just sayin..

Just like KJo...there is nothing that separates Scoop from the people he will be competing for jobs with... he doesn't have a stand out skill.

Whatever.... Whatever Scoop winds up doing, he will do it well. Be it NBA backup, Europe, broadcasting or coaching or whatever. I know I have said this 100 times before, but I am in awe of the strides he has made. The crap that he has overcome ... and how he did it... is worth a novel. I have never seen anyone "grow up" as much in four years as has Scoop.

Whatever.... Whatever Scoop winds up doing, he will do it well. Be it NBA backup, Europe, broadcasting or coaching or whatever. I know I have said this 100 times before, but I am in awe of the strides he has made. The crap that he has overcome ... and how he did it... is worth a novel. I have never seen anyone "grow up" as much in four years as has Scoop.
Im estactic on all hes accomplished and how hes turned into a mature young man/player but he has his limits and a career overseas is hitting the mega millions compared to how he grew up.

I could see scoop having a shot at the NBA.

The guy has gotten quicker every year(that says alot). He ran his first successfull no high post up man offense this year. I see alittle Jameer Nelson in him. He can hit a confident quick release shot if you leave him open and hes a true layup trick shot artist.

Here's a New York Post article about Scoop. One executive seems to think Scoop definitely goes in the second round.

Edit: Just checked OE's articles and it's there too. Sorry for the double-posting, I just happened to see someone reading the Post on the train in and saw the article.

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP

Nicely stated, CTO. A lot of people on this board deserve to eat a lot of crow for the they gave Scoop over the years.

I'm pulling for him to make the NBA, but he could make a TON of money overseas, and has a future in broadcasting ahead of him. One thing that I am 100% confident about is that he'll be successful wherever his path takes him.

Nicely stated, CTO. A lot of people on this board deserve to eat a lot of crow for the **** they gave Scoop over the years.

I am 1! and damn proud of it!

Sign Jonny Flynn, draft Scoop and buy another second ronder for KJo.....ok my Syracuse homerism is out of control. Though its pretty cool that both Flynn and Scoop are realistic options the Knicks are considering.