OT: Knicks | Syracusefan.com

OT: Knicks

they're a mess ... still may win the series, but not a good "team." isolation, one-on-one ad nauseum.

Anytime you rely that heavily on JR Smith, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. He's basically singlehandedly extended the series by getting suspended and playing awful tonight.

Now it's basically anyone's series.

That elbow is coming back to haunt the Knicks. And my first Fab sighting in quite some time in the brief mouthing off as the game ended. Not a sight I enjoyed seeing - Fab and the final score.

The fix was in tonight. They'll win one of the next two.

Melo has been bad the last two games. Two much ISO everywhere as mentioned above.

Boston's D is really good and the Knicks are struggling with it except for brief stretches. They had a good run in the middle of the third qtr with Felton on the PnR but that was kinda it.

That elbow is coming back to haunt the Knicks. And my first Fab sighting in quite some time in the brief mouthing off as the game ended. Not a sight I enjoyed seeing - Fab and the final score.

Fab is a clown. How can you be out there running your mouth when you've played like 5 minutes in the NBA all season long? He's lucky he's even got a uniform and a front row seat on the bench for the playoffs, he made no contributions watsoever. Out there in the thick of it after the game, running his mouth and mixing it up. Wow. Do we have to claim him?

Boston is staying this our shooters and is forces Felton to beat us with the pick and roll...very good strategy

I wish someone besides Felton and Shumpert would realize you're allowed to drive to the basket. A pick once in a while would be nice, too.

Boston's D is really good and the Knicks are struggling with it except for brief stretches. They had a good run in the middle of the third qtr with Felton on the PnR but that was kinda it.
They should still have plenty to beat us...I mean we have no quickness, no size outside of KG, and 3 of our 4 best players are over 35. One decent shooting game from Melo and JR and it's over.

They should still have plenty to beat us...I mean we have no quickness, no size outside of KG, and 3 of our 4 best players are over 35. One decent shooting game from Melo and JR and it's over.
not to mention the celtics' mvp is on the bench in civvies

Has any team that has relied so much on 3 point shooting ever won a championship? All you need is one shooting slump and you're done.

Melo is just this generation's Dominique Wilkins, a great scorer but not a great player who will put a team on his back, and win an NBA Championship. Those players were Magic, Bird, MJ, and Russell before them.

Has any team that has relied so much on 3 point shooting ever won a championship? All you need is one shooting slump and you're done.
the thing is, they don't have to rely on 3-pointers or long 2's, they just do.

and, btw, their "mascot" spike lee has morphed into a clown

the thing is, they don't have to rely on 3-pointers or long 2's, they just do.

and, btw, their "mascot" spike lee has morphed into a clown
Yeah the celts have zero shotblocking but the knicks still settle for way too many long j's. And they dont exactly help melo offensively every play is an iso. Cant understand why they dont mix it up more by running him off screens or running some type of misdirection to get him some Easy looks.

Melo is just this generation's Dominique Wilkins, a great scorer but not a great player who will put a team on his back, and win an NBA Championship. Those players were Magic, Bird, MJ, and Russell before them.

I don't agree. Dominique never had a good team around him, ever.

And in the right situation, Carmelo could do what Dirk did 2 years ago with the Mavs. It was starting to look like it would never happen for Dirk.

You never know. I'm not a big fan of knocking great players down a peg for not winning it all, when they don't have a very good team around them.

I am officially worried. Boston is starting to "big-game" New York and in the past 2 games Pierce and Terry have straight up clowned Melo and JR (suspended and might as well been suspended).

you just described the entire NBA to me
I suggest you watch teams like the Heat, Oklahoma City, Clippers, Celts (when Rondo's healthy), Pacers, and others that play team ball. It's not uncommon for all five Heat players to touch the ball on possessions.

Yeah there are some teams that play a lot of ISO ball in the NBA, but guess what? There are a lot of basketball teams at every level that play ISO ball. Let's not act like it never happens in college. And no team in college or any level below the NBA can move the ball like the Heat.

And the Knicks for that matter often have a ton of good ball movement, which is why they made so many threes this year. But Boston is a really good defensive team, and Melo seems to be to be shooting over more double teams than he has this year, but I don't have any stat to back that up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom