OT: LaMelo Ball gets his own shoe | Syracusefan.com

OT: LaMelo Ball gets his own shoe

I like this. BBB takes no losses. Probably play international for a year where he can expand BBB's market if he's ruled ineligible by the NCAA.

If he doesn't get paid for it, he might skate.

I'm really curious to see how it plays out. If, hypothetically, he's using his likeness to sell shoes, but his father is the one pocketing all the profits instead of himself, couldn't that potentially open the door for other athletes to essentially be paid through their parents for using their likeness?

I wish people would stop giving this family and their wacko dad WAAAAYYY more attention than they deserve. All 3 of the sons have proven virtually nothing yet and achieved nothing of significance. The arrogant father is trying to follow the Kardashian model and the media is giving him all this attention and free advertising and marketing dollars, helping to publicize his nonsense and "brand." Hope it crashes and burns.

I'm really curious to see how it plays out. If, hypothetically, he's using his likeness to sell shoes, but his father is the one pocketing all the profits instead of himself, couldn't that potentially open the door for other athletes to essentially be paid through their parents for using their likeness?
Yup. Or shoe companies hire parents, if kid goes to the right school.

It's ashame the Dad has to be overbearing and take all the limelight. I wonder how the kids feel deep down, especially LaMelo if he is ruled ineligible to play college BB. I'd be pissed at the dad if it were me and that happens. It's not about screwing the NCAA, it's about screwing your own kids. Save the shoes til they at least get to finish tasting college ball. There will be plenty of $$ later.

I assume this will blow up into a major eligibility case with the NCAA.

Does anyone know if this also makes him ineligible for high school/AAU? This is going to be so fascinating to follow. If they somehow keep him eligible through this, it could change everything.

EXCLUSIVE: LaMelo Ball Debuts The MB1 By Big Baller Brand

He could pull a Brandon Jennings and head overseas, then come back.

Issue: he won't do well overseas. Bell needs Canada to develop a semi-pro league for players that don't want college for that one year. Get some money, not be too far away from the States and not me overmatched playing against 28 year-olds in smoke-filled buildings.