OT - Lauren Hill fulfills her dream while fighting inoperable brain cancer | Syracusefan.com

OT - Lauren Hill fulfills her dream while fighting inoperable brain cancer

Some day...

Thus, I donated to your fundraiser.
fwiw...My wife and I have a friend afflicted with brain cancer and is being treated with polio vaccine at Duke...results are guardedly optimistic at this time. Apparently Does show promise in SOME patients.(Info from family members.)

subobby1 said:
fwiw...My wife and I have a friend afflicted with brain cancer and is being treated with polio vaccine at Duke...results are guardedly optimistic at this time. Apparently Does show promise in SOME patients.(Info from family members.)

Duke is one of the more progressive hospitals in trying non standard treatments. Is Dr. Friedman (sp?) involved?

One can hope. Good news.

Duke is one of the more progressive hospitals in trying non standard treatments. Is Dr. Friedman (sp?) involved?
Don't know,but will check and reply by Thursday.

Yes, Dr. Friedman is involved. Current research/treatment is polio virus infusion into the brain. Each treatment is 6-7 hours. I don't know how many treatments are expected,but they are happy with results at this time. I don't have any other details with regard to the prognosis. I do know that surgery only removed part of the tumor because not all of it could be excised. Since you have intimate knowledge of this disease, I would be happy to keep you informed of the progress

subobby1 said:
Yes, Dr. Friedman is involved. Current research/treatment is polio virus infusion into the brain. Each treatment is 6-7 hours. I don't know how many treatments are expected,but they are happy with results at this time. I don't have any other details with regard to the prognosis. I do know that surgery only removed part of the tumor because not all of it could be excised. Since you have intimate knowledge of this disease, I would be happy to keep you informed of the progress

Thanks. Prayers and best of luck to your friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom