OT: Looking for posters to discuss Marshall St Bars for a TNIAAM piece | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Looking for posters to discuss Marshall St Bars for a TNIAAM piece

'93-97 ...good times.

Memories of DAD buying rounds at Chucks (for those of us with the wrong hand stamp...)

Trying to keep Friday class schedule from starting too early so we could enjoy 2 for 1 on Thursdays...

And some memories that just stay fuzzy...

Like I said, good times!

All of my answers are already scrawled across the walls and tables of Chuck's.
oh so your the one who scratched over mine

spent a good portion of the early 80's drinking on the hill

Coming off of the news that Lucy's was changing into a new bar, over at NunesMagician we're planning a big comprehensive piece on the history of the Marshall Street bar scene (think Grantland oral history type stuff), and I'd love help from a few of us. We're looking for Syracuse fans/alumni/whoever from various times to answer a few questions about what Marshall Street was like during their time on the Hill. Let me know if you're interested and I can send you the questions we have.

84-88 - happy to help...

Maggie's upstairs
Sutter's
Chuck's
POETs
Bragg's
Buggsy's

Sadly I missed out on most of this...as a townie I usually just hit Chuck's. I ordered the Prior Double Dark back then...a nice brew.

Now if you want to talk Oswego......

Coming off of the news that Lucy's was changing into a new bar, over at NunesMagician we're planning a big comprehensive piece on the history of the Marshall Street bar scene (think Grantland oral history type stuff), and I'd love help from a few of us. We're looking for Syracuse fans/alumni/whoever from various times to answer a few questions about what Marshall Street was like during their time on the Hill. Let me know if you're interested and I can send you the questions we have.
1999-03. Hit me up!

Coming off of the news that Lucy's was changing into a new bar, over at NunesMagician we're planning a big comprehensive piece on the history of the Marshall Street bar scene (think Grantland oral history type stuff), and I'd love help from a few of us.
With some proper use of Google you'll find an article from 10-15 years ago that does a good job of listing the various watering holes over the years. It should be required reading for anyone writing the type of article that you mentioned.

After reading that... you can contact me for the period of '80-'84. You must also include some info about regular bar performers (e.g. Valby) over the years.

With some proper use of Google you'll find an article from 10-15 years ago that does a good job of listing the various watering holes over the years. It should be required reading for anyone writing the type of article that you mentioned.

After reading that... you can contact me for the period of '80-'84. You must also include some info about regular bar performers (e.g. Valby) over the years.
John Valby at the Jab! Ya, ya ya ya...

At your service

Don't you guys love how one mention of "tell me about all the times you got drunk" gets people to turn out in droves?

Classic.

This is because, we'll let's be honest, most of us know squat about football. But we know a metric ton about drinking on M street.

Bumping this. We've received some good stuff so far, would love more to respond, especially if there are people from the 60s, 70s, and early 80s that would like to share some insights.

1972-1976. Drinking age 18 and really only one bar. THE ORANGE!!!! And it is coming back!!
Also my mom is here. Class of '49 and she went to the Orange also. Not sure how much she will remember but I can ask her about her days.
Feel free to contact me.

So when is this bad boy going online? We anxiously await.

Not sure ...I know we're gonna take a look at what kind of info we've gathered on Friday and go from there.