OT: major SU presence at Disney this week | Syracusefan.com

OT: major SU presence at Disney this week

Timonen

All Conference
so we head to Disney a couple times a year (don't judge!). Among the many sociological angles to pay attention to there, I've always found it to be an interesting barometer of fan fervor. This week was BY FAR the biggest SU presence I've ever seen. Lots of fun giving high fives to strangers and obviously accentuated by the win on Wednesday. Good showing, folks!

That's interesting. My brother (not an SU fan) was down there two weeks ago and texted me something similar about randomly seeing a lot of people in SU gear.

I'm actually doing a family vacation at Disney Land this upcoming week, and I'll be sure to represent.

so we head to Disney a couple times a year (don't judge!). Among the many sociological angles to pay attention to there, I've always found it to be an interesting barometer of fan fervor. This week was BY FAR the biggest SU presence I've ever seen. Lots of fun giving high fives to strangers and obviously accentuated by the win on Wednesday. Good showing, folks!
Softball team in the area too.

Everyone knows the song "Orange Begonias."

(And I'm not a Deadhead).

better than "Orange He Gone-ias"

and yes, I deserve this...

mpf.gif

It is winter break this past week for syracuse area schools so it's not surprising as many head down to the sunshine state

It is winter break this past week for syracuse area schools so it's not surprising as many head down to the sunshine state
For sure, but we're still a pretty small private school that's a long distance. There were as many of us as SEC schools, which is just nuts under any circumstances. For those there this week, check out all the lsu (this is the week many locals escape Mardi Gras for Orlando).

Was at the Honda Classic in West Palm Beach this week. Lots of people representing SU there too despite the fact it's not a golf school. SU hoops is a public team.

I went to a Dave Matthew's Band concert last May in Cincinnati (not really my deal, at all, but it was for my wife's birthday and she's a fan) and there were 3 Syracuse hat wearers in my section alone...

Lots of Upstate NYers retire to Florida...I'm amazed at the amount of fans outside CNY that adopt the Orange. If Rochester fans aren't wearing Bills gear it is Orange gear. The North Country follows the Orange bigly. The Mohawk Valley is huge for the Orange. The Southern tier has a large following too.

The capital area less so...and support really drops to once you go south of Albany. I'd say the weakest area for support in the state is the Catskills/Hudson Valley and extreme WNY.

I'm on Mars for winter break and I'd have to say I saw at least a half dozen other folks wearing Cuse regalia. True story.
Actually I think you're talking from Uranus