OT: Michie Stadium Project | Syracusefan.com

OT: Michie Stadium Project

Agree, this looks awesome. We will be playing the Cadets in Syracuse in 2023. At West Point in 2024. Rinse and repeat in 2024 and 2025.

Hope both stadiums have undergone major renovations by then.

Can't wait. Let's start planning the tailgate tomorrow!

I am aiming to go to a game at Michie this September. Looking forward to it.

Wow. Just wow. I have no prob with my tax dollars going for this.. They are the officers that will lead our men into harms way. If it gets them a few more good men? By all means.. Hope this happens.

This how the stadium looks today...it would involve the single deck seats closest to the water
WP003035.jpg

This is an all-time majestic setting for college football. Highly recommended. Unparalleled Hudson Valley vistas against a backdrop of rich military tradition. The entire experience of attending a game at Michie stadium is reminiscent of famed sportswriter Grantland Rice's description of a 1924 Army vs. Notre Dame game at the Polo Grounds. Call me a sentimental sports enthusiast, but I dig these misty echoes of times past:

New York Herald Tribune, 18 October 1924
Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below.
Cut to 2023 when SU plays Army in the Dome and the last sentence might read:

Syracuse.com
, 9 September 2023
They formed the crest of the Syracuse cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Amazon.com Dome yesterday afternoon as 49,250 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green field turf below.
A little too much time on my hands this Sunday morning in Reno, NV.

I regret not attending a game there when I was living in NJ again a few years back. The renderings of the proposed stadium looks fantastic. I love stadiums in country/mountain settings. Great atmosphere.

I sure hope the Dome renovation is completed before this project. :confused:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom