OT - More LaVar Ball | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT - More LaVar Ball

Lol, sorry Lavar. Not how it works. You have no say in anything important. Go away.

I was praying the Lakers lost their draft pick last year so they could pass on Lonzo

No team would sign 3 players to sign a player unless it was
LeBron James
Kevin Durant
Steph Curry.

LaVar really is the male equivalent of Kris Jenner.
His son is currently 278th in PER.

giphy.gif

upload_2018-2-13_12-52-35.png

I have been around basketball my whole life and played at a high level NAIA school that is now division II NCAA and have coached varsity high school ball. I can confidently say that neither of the younger two BALL boys could have even been stars on my college team. If Popa thinks they are NBA material he is friggin high.

The youngest is pretty talented but played in a trash basketball system that won't work at next level. He will have to adjust back to a regular game. But to say that there is no way he would be good in the NAIA, is over the top.

You went full Gottlieb. You know your stuff but you let your biases say something a little too extreme.

Not sure if it is fair to throw Lonzo in the trash with Lavar.

He himself doesn't seem to have caused that many problems, but maybe I am not following closely enough.

His son is currently 278th in PER.

giphy.gif

View attachment 122313

He also has the highest PER of any rookie guard drafted in the first round except for Dennis Smith (12.5 vs 12.2). Smith is marginally better in PER because he is allowed to be a high volume shooter which helps PER.

Not many rookie points have great PER's. Not saying he is a superstar, or even going to be a star, but that PER is not a disaster.

He also has the highest PER of any rookie guard drafted in the first round except for Dennis Smith (12.5 vs 12.2). Smith is marginally better in PER because he is allowed to be a high volume shooter which helps PER.

Not many rookie points have great PER's. Not saying he is a superstar, or even going to be a star, but that PER is not a disaster.
I wonder if the fathers of Dennis Smith and Isaiah Whitehead are contacting NBA teams to let them know they will only consider signing with their teams if they also sign their siblings.

Donovan Mitchell is a rookie as well.
Also if Ben Simmons is a rookie he is better as a guard as well.

Donovan Mitchell is a rookie as well.
Also if Ben Simmons is a rookie he is better as a guard as well.

I meant to say rookie points, as per my second paragraph, but you are correct I just said guards at first.

Not sure if Ben Simmons is a point guard. He is something good whatever it is.

I wonder if the fathers of Dennis Smith and Isaiah Whitehead are contacting NBA teams to let them know they will only consider signing with their teams if they also sign their siblings.

OK.

You made his PER sound terrible which it really isn't for a rookie point guard. It's not great either.
Now is his dad terrible to have around? sure, but not sure what that has to do with his PER.

Lakers should trade Lonzo to Utah or Orlando, where that entire family can fade into obscurity

At some point Lonzo will have to man up, and just make it clear that while his father has good intentions he needs to be ignored basically.

That's alot to ask of a 20 year old rookie. But I suspect by next year or the year after it will get done.

Not sure if I am right or wrong on all counts, but I have overdone my quarterly quota on Lavar Ball posts. I am out.

The youngest is pretty talented but played in a trash basketball system that won't work at next level. He will have to adjust back to a regular game. But to say that there is no way he would be good in the NAIA, is over the top.

You went full Gottlieb. You know your stuff but you let your biases say something a little too extreme.
I’ve watched his films. He would not be the best player on many D III teams.

Isn't it about time to stop paying attention to this jerk off?

Agreed, he's almost run his course and people should just ignore. His two younger sons will never play in the NBA. Lonzo could still be a decent NBA player but time will tell. If Lavar continues to meddle there, Lebron will just ship his arse out of town. Walton would help pack his bags...

That said, bad draft pick by the Lakers considering who went after he did.

Agreed, he's almost run his course and people should just ignore. His two younger sons will never play in the NBA. Lonzo could still be a decent NBA player but time will tell. If Lavar continues to meddle there, Lebron will just ship his arse out of town. Walton would help pack his bags...

That said, bad draft pick by the Lakers considering who went after he did.

It's funny, the other day I was having a conversation about the Lakers roster with LeBronl, and I couldn't even remember Lonzo Ball's name. All I could think of was his dad's name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom