OT: My Trip to Duke | Syracusefan.com

OT: My Trip to Duke

#Hardnosed

2nd String
I am visiting relatives in Durham on the way down to Florida for vacation. Since my cousin works at Duke, she kindly agreed to show us around campus after the Cuse game ended today. Duke played Eastern Michigan in Cameron at 2:00 as well so we arrived on campus as the last crowd of fans we're leaving. Of course I was decked out in Cuse sweatpants and t shirt as I strolled around campus. Finally we arrived at Cameron and there was a small gathering of fans near the main entrance surrounding a very large man, turned out to be Jabari Parker signing autographs. We were able to walk past the workers cleaning up Cameron and walked right up to the Duke bench. I couldnt believe how hot it was in there, even without a crowd. I made sure to take a picture next to the Cameron Indoor sign.
What a beautiful campus though, I was very impressed.

CANT WAIT TILL FEB 1

image.jpg

Last edited:
so, ah,... does your cousin have any extra tickets for the su vs. duke game?

She shut that down before I could even ask. She said it's basically impossible to get tickets, even for OOC, unless one of her superiors gives her their tickets. She said the games while the students are off from school are even hard to get tickets because that's when all the local, non-season ticket holders, scramble to get tickets

Also, she thought that the students pay close to $1000 for their season tickets, but she wasn't 100% sure. I thought that was absurdly high.

Last edited:
Duke can kiss my ass but they are the Yankees of college basketball. And they play in a stadium smaller than Fenway

Duke can kiss my ass but they are the Yankees of college basketball. And they play in a stadium smaller than Fenway

Oh I hate Duke athletics as well, but I felt like I shouldn't pass up the opportunity to see one of the legendary arenas in college basketball

Never seen a full shot of the place like that, nice photo. Man that place is small...like a high school gym. Look how close the bleachers are to the court. No wonder it's intimidating.

Oh I hate Duke athletics as well, but I felt like I shouldn't pass up the opportunity to see one of the legendary arenas in college basketball
I don't blame you at all, it's the first time I've seen it empty. And it looks smaller than my high school gym so thanks for posting it. It's remarkable that Duke has held that upper echelon easteem for so long. They play in a chicken coop.

Never seen a full shot of the place like that, nice photo. Man that place is small...like a high school gym. Look how close the bleachers are to the court. No wonder it's intimidating.
I attended a game there several years ago. It is indeed the size of high school gym, with poor sight lines.

I don't blame you at all, it's the first time I've seen it empty, and it looks smaller than my high school gym so thanks for posting it. It's remarkable that Duke has held that upper echelon eastem for so long. They play in a chicken coop.

According to my cousin they've asked Coach K many times if he would like them to build a bigger arena and he's said no. There really isn't anywhere else to build on campus, the buildings are all very close together across the entire campus. they would have to either demolish buildings or build off campus to have a larger arena.

Dare I say it? It reminds me of Manley. I thought Manley was a great place to watch a basketball game. It sure wasn't a detriment to the home team.

Dare I say it? It reminds me of Manley. I thought Manley was a great place to watch a basketball game. It sure wasn't a detriment to the home team.
Way smaller than Manley. Plus clay doesn't come out when you blow your nose.

Manley was great but the Dome and Boeheim made Syracuse basketball a place where elite athletes want to play.

You should see the Duke gardens in April. It's the most beautiful I've ever seen.

Duke indeed has a stunning campus. Beautiful place. That said, Cameron Indoor is a pile of crap. Great history there (not knocking that), but as far as arenas go...I think they might need to build a new one sometime soon. I could see that happening once K retires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom