OT - NBA Trade Deadline... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT - NBA Trade Deadline...

This is the only time there's been a plan in Philly since they got Moses. Noel, embiid, euro, top pick this year and loads of cap/picks. They can get the supporting cast whenever they're ready...plus a top tier FA if it suits them. There's no reason to be a buyer now. They can by in bulk next year as the core matures.

What core though?
Covington and Noel are legit...but not superstars.
The rest are...???
Embiid could be Oden. Euro could be Bargs Jr.

This is the only time there's been a plan in Philly since they got Moses. Noel, embiid, euro, top pick this year and loads of cap/picks. They can get the supporting cast whenever they're ready...plus a top tier FA if it suits them. There's no reason to be a buyer now. They can by in bulk next year as the core matures.

You need two top tier players to compete in the NBA.

Good luck with that plan, Hinkie.

What top FAs are coming to Philly?

BREAKING:

A transcript of the meeting inside the Sixers locker room has emerged...

Lou Brown: [at a team meeting] Can I have your attention, please?

[picks up a bat and leans on it like a walking stick]

Lou Brown: I have something I think you all ought to know about.It seems that Mrs. Phelps doesn't think too highly of our worth. She put this team together because she thought we'd be bad enough to finish dead last, knocking attendance down to the point where she could move the team to Miami... and get rid of all of us for better personnel.

Roger Dorn: Even me?

Lou Brown: Even you, Dorn.

Eddie Harris: What if we DON'T finish last?

Lou Brown: She'll REPLACE you with somebody who WILL. After this season, you'll be sent back to the minors or given your outright release.

Tayshaun Prince to Detroit for Euro dude and scrub

So Garnett is going back to the Timberwolves and Prince is going back to the Pistons?

Craig-Robinson-Rob-Corddr-001.jpg

Philly is a joke.

This isn't a plan. Hinkie is the mad scientist who keeps f*****ng everything up but people are like this is so stupid it must be smart?

Also, the Lakers pick is Top 5 protected. Doubtful they even get it this year. But HEY maybe they'll be good in 2020

He won't be behind MCW? Are you saying he's going to jump MCW?
MCW is not one of the best young points in the NBA, which is currently a talent-rich position . . . he has potential but needs a lot of work

Besides the Lakers pick Phx had what did Philly get for MCW?
That pick if the Lakers continue sucking won't be till 2016.

If Ennis is good enough, he and MCW will both play together. Kidd loves having multiple ball-handlers on the floor.

There is no plan. The plan is to keep putting as bad a team as possible on the court until they either finally get lucky in the draft or the organization goes belly up. Some plan.

MCW is not one of the best young points in the NBA, which is currently a talent-rich position . . . he has potential but needs a lot of work

Gotcha.

What core though?
Covington and Noel are legit...but not superstars.
The rest are...???
Embiid could be Oden. Euro could be Bargs Jr.
Of course they could be but you don't stay inactive based on worst case. You trust your scouting/judgement. Guessing they take muiday if they don't get top pick (though this trade should knock off the winning and put them back in play for okafor). They want a spurs culture and that's what they're going for. Duncan was a superstar but nobody knew the others when they came on board. This is so much better than the iguodala era. It at least has a chance.

There is no plan. The plan is to keep putting as bad a team as possible on the court until they either finally get lucky in the draft or the organization goes belly up. Some plan.

At the end of the day, to truly compete for a title in the NBA, you need at least two legitimate stars.

You can keep hording assets, but you have to KNOW you can land a big time superstar or two.

answer the question...

why do you think the bakersfield jam's PG is going to beat out the reigning ROY...who's career avg are 16 6.7 and 6.2??

This is just wrong, other than the "bad" part. They're gonna have to convert the assets at some point, but they're building a strong position to do it. They're differentiating themselves from how everybody else is trying. That could be a major competitive advantage.

Of course they could be but you don't stay inactive based on worst case. You trust your scouting/judgement. Guessing they take muiday if they don't get top pick (though this trade should knock off the winning and put them back in play for okafor). They want a spurs culture and that's what they're going for. Duncan was a superstar but nobody knew the others when they came on board. This is so much better than the iguodala era. It at least has a chance.

This isn't a Spurs culture. He's trying to replicate Morey and horde assets until he can flip them for superstars. You're best case scenario is Houston.

If you want a Spurs culture, look at Coach Bud and the Hawks.

Also, Tim Duncan is arguably a top 10 player of all time, that is why the Spurs system worked. The chances of the Sixers landing an all time player like that in any manner is a looooonnnnng shot.

Milwaukee traded Knight at his peak value. MCW/Ennis/Plumlee is a great return.
If all Philly got was the LAL pick and 2016 Cleveland pick that is nuts.

I'm really not understanding what Philly is doing at this point. I guess Tony Wroten is their PG now? Without knowing what's going to happen in the lottery it seems like they're showing their hand in drafting Muiday.

Then Milwuakee, what are they doing getting MCW and Ennis? Not sure I see why you get both of them, either or maybe, but both?

I know next to nothing about the NBA, but how does being rookie of the year equate to no being one of the best young players at your position?

This is just wrong, other than the "bad" part. They're gonna have to convert the assets at some point, but they're building a strong position to do it. They're differentiating themselves from how everybody else is trying. That could be a major competitive advantage.

I am really annoyed with the Sixers. I don't know if my annoyance is more a result of the fact that I enjoyed having MCW playing here and his playing here at least gave me a reason to pay attention to them or that I think trading MCW is going to really move the needle on their long term prospects either positively or negatively.

They just had decent assets in MCW and McDaniels and converted them into...MORE DRAFT PICKS.

You can't just keep flipping prospects for prospects.

I know next to nothing about the NBA, but how does being rookie of the year equate to no being one of the best young players at your position?

Very very very weak rookie class, gaudy running numbers playing for a bad bad team. I'm not saying he's bad or no good but there was literally nobody else that you could even put in discussion for rookie of the year.

They just had decent assets in MCW and McDaniels and converted them into...MORE DRAFT PICKS.

You can't just keep flipping prospects for prospects.

I get what they're trying to do in selling high and getting good value for their guys, but you're 100% right. At some point you have to stand pat and work with what you have and mold it into a team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom