OT: No Big East Tournament For UConn If NCAA Ban Holds Up | Syracusefan.com

OT: No Big East Tournament For UConn If NCAA Ban Holds Up

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
If UConn is ineligible to play in the NCAA Tournament in 2013, the Huskies will also be out of the Big East tournament as well.

"The league presidents agreed conceptually that a team that is ineligible for the NCAA Tournament will also be ineligible for the conference tournaments," said Big East spokesman John Paquette from New Orleans on Thursday night.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-men/hc-uconn-men-big-east-0330-20120330,0,913915.story

You mean we won't be able to beat them (again) in our last BET?

Aw shucks.

Good riddance. It was a pleasure owning you in New York City.

It shouldn't hold up.

Until they make some major changes to the APR, it's a total joke.
Hopefully UConn is banned next year; they change their rules; we are eligible for 2014.

I agree. Schools should not be held responsible for bringing in questionable "students".
Im assuming there is a hint of sarcasm in your post. However if teams are ruled inelegible for the NCAA tourney because some players left early and didnt do their school work, then thats a little over the top imo.

I agree. Schools should not be held responsible for bringing in questionable "students".
it's not bringing in questionable students. Kids that are going to come out, blow off the spring semester. That doesn't make them bad kids or even poor students. The rule needs to change.

Im assuming there is a hint of sarcasm in your post. However if teams are ruled inelegible for the NCAA tourney because some players left early and didnt do their school work, then thats a little over the top imo.

Yeah...how dare the schools face consequences for recruiting kids who have no interest in academics. I don't care if these are supposed to be institutions of higher learning. I demand to be entertained!

Yeah...how dare the schools face consequences for recruiting kids who have no interest in academics. I don't care if these are supposed to be institutions of higher learning. I demand to be entertained!

Its big business, the ncaa penalizes the same kids they make billions off, them

I know! Its not like they profit off these kids at all...

it's not bringing in questionable students. Kids that are going to come out, blow off the spring semester. That doesn't make them bad kids or even poor students. The rule needs to change.

Actually Dasher that is the definition of a poor student.

SU fans would be advised not to be rubbing their hands over UConn’s “misfortune” lest that dog rise up and bite us.

I'd rather beat UConn than have the NCAA do it for us. If it were Kentucky, I wouldn't mind as much.

As for questionable students, I can envision a scenario not too far down the road where someone digs up your post when this is happening to SU. Is it that far out of the realm of possibility for people to see the shoe on the other foot?

People freak out too much. We'll be fine, and I shall continue to laugh at UCONNs expense.

HA HA

Actually Dasher that is the definition of a poor student.
so marv albert was a poor student for leaving Syracuse early to work in NYC.

so marv albert was a poor student for leaving Syracuse early to work in NYC.

Good point! But are you saying Fab and Dion are going to end up biting a transvestite? I always wondered if he shouted the trademark "Yes!" after that.

People freak out too much. We'll be fine, and I shall continue to laugh at UCONNs expense.

HA HA
Not freaking out. Unless they change the rule we are missing at least one year. Do the math.

I really hope this doesnt hold up. Absolutely ridiculous rule.

Exactly. Anyone happy about this is not particularly intelligent

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

If UConn is ineligible to play in the NCAA Tournament in 2013, the Huskies will also be out of the Big East tournament as well.

"The league presidents agreed conceptually that a team that is ineligible for the NCAA Tournament will also be ineligible for the conference tournaments," said Big East spokesman John Paquette from New Orleans on Thursday night.

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-men/hc-uconn-men-big-east-0330-20120330,0,913915.story

BS, the NCAA should have no.say over who can compete in conference tournaments. Stupid rule and anyone here who laughs at uconn better keep their mouths shut when we are laughed at for missing the 2014 ACC tournament

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

The part that is unfair about the current APR tournament ban is that they are penalizing schools retro-actively. The APR numbers used for a 2013 ban are for graduating classes present before the new rule was in place. It also happens to include the class for which the schools already lost scholarships.

Also the Big East tournament ban makes sense since the winner of the tournament gets an automatic NCAA bid. So it is likely that if Syracuse gets a 2014 NCAA ban they would be missing the ACC tournament that year as well. The NCAA really needs to work out the current APR situation. I think Deon would be crazy to stay in Syracuse and worry about his grades. He should be working on his strength & conditioning and basketball skills which are about to provide him a lot more than a partial degree.