OT: OK I'll Be That Guy | Syracusefan.com

OT: OK I'll Be That Guy

The Super Bowl sucked yesterday and it normally sucks.

Is there a more overhyped dud out there?

The commercials have jumped the shark and the pregame is longer than the game

Give me a college game anytime.

I love the NFL. Live and die with the Giants. I always give the game a chance if the Giants are not in it however the Super Bowl has turned into this "I really dont care about football and just want to watch the commercials" kind of a game. Drives me crazy. I pay little attention to the commercials and never have watched a halftime show. Yesterday I did something I have never done. I turned the game off at 22-0 and watched the replay of the Duke game again.

Agreed. I rarely care much about the game, unless the Giants are playing. I usually create a couple of small side bets just to fabricate some interest. I really don't care about the commercials. Half of the time the halftime shows fail to compel me to watch. The game itself is a disappointment more times than not. Too much hype.

Agreed. I rarely care much about the game, unless the Giants are playing. I usually create a couple of small side bets just to fabricate some interest. I really don't care about the commercials. Half of the time the halftime shows fail to compel me to watch. The game itself is a disappointment more times than not. Too much hype.

BTW, you can send me the $100 you owe me on the bet to PayPal.

I love college football...enjoy the NFL but to be honest the Super Bowl is just a reason to get together with friends and family to eat, drink and shoot the bull. Bruno Mars was the best thing that that game had to offer and the Red Hot Chili Peppers signing to Manning (give it away...give it away...give it away now!) was prophetic.

Oh. I thought you were going to ask what channel tonight's game is on. ;)

The Super Bowl has been pretty good lately, the game just took a year off this year. It happens. Kind of like Alabama - ND in college football last year. Not much you can do when the two teams most predicted to play end up playing and one just destroys the other.

On the halftime show, I have to say, was impressed with Bruno Mars. Really didn't know much about him, and my expectation was less than zero. I wasn't even going to watch it, but figured if it would be a workplace discussion topic, I should at least be prepared, new job and all. I'm not going to start diving into today's pop music, but I thought he was a good performer. And unlike so much of today's music, he could actually sing without autotune.

I thought Bruno Mars had one of the best halftime shows ever. But besides that, the game stunk. FOX couldn't have been too happy.

Along with all the pizza places and bars. Games like this crushed those guys, especially on the left side of the states.

first off-
no giants -dont give a baboons red fanny

no su guys - would rather watch pbs

halftimes are a joke -and i must be old because if a guys named bruno he better be a bad azz not this generations prince -

lastly- the commercials sucked as bad as the game

Along with all the pizza places and bars. Games like this crushed those guys, especially on the left side of the states.
B Dubs tweeted this in the 2nd half:
upload_2014-2-3_9-20-47.png

This board is funny. Funny strange.

The game, in all it's sucky blowout glory, did a 47.6 overnight rating.

That means that 47.6% of every TV household in the U.S. was watching the game in every single minute it aired. Nearly half the country on every minute. Given the blowout and that some people drift in and out of viewing, it's likely that about 65-70% of the country watched the game at some point.

I mean you guys can hate it or whatever, I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion.

That means that 47.6% of every TV household in the U.S. was watching the game in every single minute it aired. Nearly half the country on every minute. Given the blowout and that some people drift in and out of viewing, it's likely that about 65-70% of the country watched the game at some point.

I mean you guys can hate it or whatever, I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion.
americans love to watch a train wreck

I'm sure that's true. But in my case I watched some, I read for a while, I checked out the SU board and FB, I made and ate dinner. The game was on the whole time, but I'll bet I didn't see more than half of it, and less than half of the commercials.

rosconey said:
first off- no giants -dont give a baboons red fanny no su guys - would rather watch pbs halftimes are a joke -and i must be old because if a guys named bruno he better be a bad azz not this generations prince - lastly- the commercials sucked as bad as the game

Hey PBS has Sherlock. Better than any portion of yesterday's Fox coverage.

Scooch said:
This board is funny. Funny strange. The game, in all it's sucky blowout glory, did a 47.6 overnight rating. That means that 47.6% of every TV household in the U.S. was watching the game in every single minute it aired. Nearly half the country on every minute. Given the blowout and that some people drift in and out of viewing, it's likely that about 65-70% of the country watched the game at some point. I mean you guys can hate it or whatever, I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion.

We bought all this good food and invited our friends over. Let's just watch it? The wife and I watched and read the best tweets about how horrible the game was whole destroying a whole lot of Buffalo wings.

Not a great night - but I think it's more about the event/party than the sporting event for most.

They've actually been pretty good lately...

Remember the early 90s when the Cowboys and 49ers took turns beating the living he!! out of whatever patsy the AFC put up (especially the Bills)?

Or the mid-eighties when there was a stretch where the closest game was the Giants 19 point beat down of Denver?

In Denver's five Super Bowl losses, their average margin of defeat is 30 points.

If the NFL would just keep Denver and Buffalo from appearing in the Super Bowl (and the Bills are doing a fine job in that regard), we'd all have a much better shot of watching a good game.

They've actually been pretty good lately...

Remember the early 90s when the Cowboys and 49ers took turns beating the living he!! out of whatever patsy the AFC put up (especially the Bills)?

Or the mid-eighties when there was a stretch where the closest game was the Giants 19 point beat down of Denver?

In Denver's five Super Bowl losses, their average margin of defeat is 30 points.

If the NFL would just keep Denver and Buffalo from appearing in the Super Bowl (and the Bills are doing a fine job in that regard), we'd all have a much better shot of watching a good game.
That hurts man. lol. As a fan of Denver, just like my Orange, I will never give up hope and cheering my team on!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom