OT: OK I'll Be That Guy | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: OK I'll Be That Guy

Sorry.

But man, when you guys lose, you really lose...
Yeah, really sucks. They looked like they didn't prepare for any aspect of the game. Weird... The teams that Elway took on his back (3 blowouts), were just flat out personnel wise waay in over their heads and not talented enough. This team now, is just a mystery on why they looked so awful. I give Seattle props though, but we didn't even show up needless to say..

I like it for the commercials and the football pools.

The Super Bowl sucked yesterday and it normally sucks.

Is there a more overhyped dud out there?

The commercials have jumped the shark and the pregame is longer than the game

Give me a college game anytime.
I was reminded of why I prefer the college game to the pro game. The defenses are too fast and good - the field seems "crowded". I would enjoy it a lot more if they either made the defense play with one less guy, or made the field wider. Doesn't need to be longer, just wider.

I was reminded of why I prefer the college game to the pro game. The defenses are too fast and good - the field seems "crowded". I would enjoy it a lot more if they either made the defense play with one less guy, or made the field wider. Doesn't need to be longer, just wider.

Or...how about...
Establishing athletic parameters for players. Players are not allowed to run faster than a 4.5 second 40. WRs can only be up to 6'1" tall. Linemen can be no larger than 275 lbs... This could work. :)

Or...how about...
Establishing athletic parameters for players. Players are not allowed to run faster than a 4.5 second 40. WRs can only be up to 6'1" tall. Linemen can be no larger than 275 lbs... This could work. :)
Paging Mr. Vonnegut!

This board is funny. Funny strange.

The game, in all it's sucky blowout glory, did a 47.6 overnight rating.

That means that 47.6% of every TV household in the U.S. was watching the game in every single minute it aired. Nearly half the country on every minute. Given the blowout and that some people drift in and out of viewing, it's likely that about 65-70% of the country watched the game at some point.

I mean you guys can hate it or whatever, I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion.

That's not how ratings work. The M*A*S*H finale posted more than 100, it's a measure of people. A better one would be share. The Bowl did a 70 share, which means that 70% of televisions tuned in were on the Super Bowl.

Czar said:
That's not how ratings work. The M*A*S*H finale posted more than 100, it's a measure of people. A better one would be share. The Bowl did a 70 share, which means that 70% of televisions tuned in were on the Super Bowl.

Whoopsie!

Czar said:

Yeah, you're probably right, what the hell do I know?!

Sorry everyone!

Czar said:

I will ignore your first sentence and politely offer that ratings and audience are two different metrics. A rating is a percentage of viewing. Audience (or viewership) is a count of people (or households).

MASH had 121 million people viewing its finale in the average minute. The rating was less than 100, I assure you.

Share is an antiquated metric that broadcast networks use only occasionally.

The Super Bowl sucked yesterday and it normally sucks.

Is there a more overhyped dud out there?

The commercials have jumped the shark and the pregame is longer than the game

Give me a college game anytime.

It "normally" sucks? As in, this is a regular occurrence?

Hyperbole much?

Let's go back and review the previous TEN Super Bowls, shall we?

SB XLVII -- Ravens 34 - 49ers 31 (Didn't Suck one bit - Was fantastic game)

SB XLVI -- Giants 21 - Patriots 17 (Didn't Suck - In fact was borderline awesome. 4th Quarter drive by Manning was epic.)

SB XLV -- Packers 31 - Steelers 25 (Didn't Suck)

SB XLIV -- Saints 31 - Colts 17 (Wasn't Great, but didn't suck either)

SB XLIII -- Steelers 27 - Cardinals 23 (Santonio Holmes scored the game-winning touchdown catch with 35 seconds left)

SB XLII -- Giants 17 - Patriots 14 (Manning to David Tyree - 'Nuff Said)

SB XLI -- Colts 29 - Bears 17 (Was 22-17 going in to the 4th quarter and played in the rain. Certainly not the greatest SB, but a very good one indeed)

SB XL -- Steelers 21 - Seahawks 10 (Was 14-10 with 6:30 to go in the game)

SB XXXIX -- Patriots 24 - Eagles 21 (McNabb's big game, Was 14-14 going into the 4th)

SB XXXVIII -- Patriots 32 - Panthers 29 (a classic - no other way to describe it. Peter King calls it the "Greatest Super Bowl" ever.)

So basically, Sunday's game was the first Super Bowl that one could legitimately claim "sucked" in over a decade. And I didn't think the game sucked anyway. Thought it was incredibly compelling to see just how over-matched Denver's supposedly "superior" offense was.

Dude...it's a sports board of course it was hyperbole...I'm not a huge NFL fan so IMHO they all sucked unless the Giants are playing or some team with Cuse players.

Dude...it's a sports board of course it was hyperbole...I'm not a huge NFL fan so IMHO they all sucked unless the Giants are playing or some team with Cuse players.

It doesn't normally suck it just normally bores you...fwiw it normally bores me too.

I was That Guy before you were That Guy.

You get to be That Other Guy.

When Bruno Mars (!) is touted as one of the best things about your event, your event sucks. As does Bruno Flippin' Mars.
Let's be honest, though. Dude, freakin' killed it. Best half time show in a long time, possibly even ever. There wasn't any bizarre imagery, just lights and the performance itself. Too many "performers" rely on generating controversy by using odd and demonic imagery. Remember Madonna's two years ago? Talk about trying too hard.

425921_10150593363352766_500472765_9028420_1707632108_n-650x465.jpg

As someone who works on Madison Avenue and yet is nowhere near the ratings guru Scooch is, I have to say...you are not in the know whatsoever on this. In fact, you come across even more idiotic than you realize if you knew what other people knew.

I commend thee, prototypical Internet forum poster. Keep on, keepin' on...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom