OT - OK, NBA conspiracy theorists | Syracusefan.com

OT - OK, NBA conspiracy theorists

OttoinGrotto

2023-24 Iggy Award Most 3 Pointers Made
After looking over this deal, was this a good trade that David Stern engineered for the Lakers, or a great trade that David Stern engineered for the Lakers?

How could this get any better for the Lakers? They only had to give up a 2017 first round pick in order to upgrade to the best center in the NBA (by leaps and bounds).

At least they gave up Bynum. I figured they would somehow get this deal done and keep him.

Why doesn't Stern just put Lebron, Rondo and a few others on the Lakers by executive decree? All they need is to make Calapari the coach and the travesty will be complete!

Why doesn't Stern just put Lebron, Rondo and a few others on the Lakers by executive decree? All they need is to make Calapari the coach and the travesty will be complete!

No, they need Cal in the NCAA so he can warehouse the one year wonders before they are eligble for the draft.

it's funny, because on LA radio this morning, the story line is that Stern has been out to sabotage the Lakers, and this was an against-all-odds deal that was done despite Stern's malfeasance.

my conspiracy theory is that there is some under the table payoff to Orlando and /or Orlando management figures, because this trade makes no basketball sense for the Magic. In fact, if there is such a thing, I'd say it makes negative sense.

it's funny, because on LA radio this morning, the story line is that Stern has been out to sabotage the Lakers, and this was an against-all-odds deal that was done despite Stern's malfeasance.

my conspiracy theory is that there is some under the table payoff to Orlando and /or Orlando management figures, because this trade makes no basketball sense for the Magic. In fact, if there is such a thing, I'd say it makes negative sense.

Yeah. I just don't get how you trade a player like Howard and not get anything in return. You should at least get a chance for a lottery pick that could possibly turn into a top 3 pick. THey didn't even get that. I guess they will be so bad over the next few years that they will continually get top draft picks.

But Stern was in London trying to convince people that nobody over 23 should play in the Olympics. I loved it when some of the foreign coaches essentially told him to stick it. I guess he's campaigning to be the basketball king of the world now itstead of just the NBA.

The thing is, Orlando called the Lakers. They could've contacted half the league and got the same garbage players and better picks.

After looking over this deal, was this a good trade that David Stern engineered for the Lakers, or a great trade that David Stern engineered for the Lakers?

The same David Stern that killed the Chris Paul deal?

I hope nobody is dumb enough to be taking conspiracy theories seriously. When players are in a position of power its not of much surprise they tend to land in giant markets, with well run organizations, and with other good players. Winning breeds more winning as players want to be part of that.

I still don't think the lakers even get past the thunder, let alone the heat.

One of the better things I've read this week.

Yeah. I just don't get how you trade a player like Howard and not get anything in return. You should at least get a chance for a lottery pick that could possibly turn into a top 3 pick. THey didn't even get that. I guess they will be so bad over the next few years that they will continually get top draft picks.
What I don't get is how the Magic didn't end up with either Bynum or Iguadola out of this deal. Al Harrington and Aaron Afflaolo? Really? Of course if Mo Harkless blows up like...oh never mind! There was zero chance they were keeping Howard beyond this year so I guess it is better than nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom