Class of 2019 - OT Parker Moorer (NC) Decommitted from Maryland/Verbal to WVU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 OT Parker Moorer (NC) Decommitted from Maryland/Verbal to WVU

As someone that just moved back to upstate NY after six years in Morgantown, I cannot for the life of me understand why anybody would choose WVU (the area or the university) over Cuse. Silly kids.

Free ride Syracuse vs WVU... that's just parental neglect

12094_5_large.jpg
But then again, who wouldn't want to be coached by Dana Holgorsen?

As someone that just moved back to upstate NY after six years in Morgantown, I cannot for the life of me understand why anybody would choose WVU (the area or the university) over Cuse. Silly kids.
Fans attend their games, they go to Bowls, & many of their players go on to the NFL are just a few reasons off the top of my head.

Fans attend their games, they go to Bowls, & many of their players go on to the NFL are just a few reasons off the top of my head.
I enjoyed my time down there, but in the game of life, those are silly reasons. Even sillier now with HCDB.

Other than reaping the league revenues, I've never understood WVU playing in a conference where every other team is either from Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, or Iowa.

West Va was an ACC reject. ACC went even so far to take Lousiville over them!
12094_5_large.jpg
But then again, who wouldn't want to be coached by Dana Holgorsen?
Good ole Dana

Other than reaping the league revenues, I've never understood WVU playing in a conference where every other team is either from Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, or Iowa.
They had no other choice. The ACC rejected them and so did the SEC for some reason. Huge mistake on the ACC's part. We're stuck with Louisville as a result.

They had no other choice. The ACC rejected them and so did the SEC for some reason. Huge mistake on the ACC's part. We're stuck with Louisville as a result.
And the hijack is on.
An early morning rant:
I miss WV being on our schedule. Coach Ben played there. There was a traditional connection. We played them anually for years. There's even a trophy awarded.
It really is wrong (or at least reflective of the realities of conference financial alignments) that we don't play Penn State, WV, Maryland, Rutgers, UConn, Temple, Navy every year, w/a sprinkling of Army, VT and a few powerhouse OOC games.
Perhaps some day geographical conference realignment will happen and natural rivalries will be restored (Four 16 team super conferences) instead of this artificial, jet set competition. Maryland and Iowa in the same conference 900 miles apart. WV and TT almost 1500 miles. Syracuse and Miami 1400 miles.

If only Penn State opted for an Eastern Football Conference instead of throwing in with the BIG 10 this whole idea of geographical alignment might have been a reality. The Big East wouldn't let them join so AD Joe Pa looked elsewhere for revenue to support all of PSU's other sports.

From Black Shoe Diaries:
It was then that Paterno came up with his grand vision of an eastern all-sports conference that would include Penn State's traditional rivals like Pitt, Syracuse, Boston College, Temple, Maryland, and West Virginia. But issues over revenue sharing couldn't be worked out. Syracuse and Boston College felt their future was better served in basketball, so they joined the Big East and then coaxed Pitt to come along. Penn State petitioned to join the league, but the Big East didn't think their basketball program was up to their standards and they didn't want to be associated with football. (Syracuse, Pitt, and Boston College continued playing football as independents.) Penn State was left to wander through the wilderness on its own.

Love or hate them they would've been the anchor an Eastern Football Conference could've rallied around. Now it's all these makeshift airport rivalries. I still love SU, but I related better to the traditional foes with the occasional powerhouse thrown in. And yes, I'll survive and even thrive. Especially if they make a long a bowl game this year.

And the hijack is on.
An early morning rant:
I miss WV being on our schedule. Coach Ben played there. There was a traditional connection. We played them anually for years. There's even a trophy awarded.
It really is wrong (or at least reflective of the realities of conference financial alignments) that we don't play Penn State, WV, Maryland, Rutgers, UConn, Temple, Navy every year, w/a sprinkling of Army, VT and a few powerhouse OOC games.
Perhaps some day geographical conference realignment will happen and natural rivalries will be restored (Four 16 team super conferences) instead of this artificial, jet set competition. Maryland and Iowa in the same conference 900 miles apart. WV and TT almost 1500 miles. Syracuse and Miami 1400 miles.

If only Penn State opted for an Eastern Football Conference instead of throwing in with the BIG 10 this whole idea of geographical alignment might have been a reality. The Big East wouldn't let them join so AD Joe Pa looked elsewhere for revenue to support all of PSU's other sports.

From Black Shoe Diaries:
It was then that Paterno came up with his grand vision of an eastern all-sports conference that would include Penn State's traditional rivals like Pitt, Syracuse, Boston College, Temple, Maryland, and West Virginia. But issues over revenue sharing couldn't be worked out. Syracuse and Boston College felt their future was better served in basketball, so they joined the Big East and then coaxed Pitt to come along. Penn State petitioned to join the league, but the Big East didn't think their basketball program was up to their standards and they didn't want to be associated with football. (Syracuse, Pitt, and Boston College continued playing football as independents.) Penn State was left to wander through the wilderness on its own.

Love or hate them they would've been the anchor an Eastern Football Conference could've rallied around. Now it's all these makeshift airport rivalries. I still love SU, but I related better to the traditional foes with the occasional powerhouse thrown in. And yes, I'll survive and even thrive. Especially if they make a long a bowl game this year.
Thank god that conference wasn't created, it would be the worst in the country for football, very average in basketball, and bad for most other non-revenue sports. It also would have been torn apart and left for dead during expansion.

Thank god that conference wasn't created, it would be the worst in the country for football, very average in basketball, and bad for most other non-revenue sports. It also would have been torn apart and left for dead during expansion.
That's essentially what happened. It was torn apart (the old Eastern Independents), picked over and sent to the ACC, the Big 10, the Big 12 and purgatory (UConn, Navy and Temple).

Well that's a pretty decent list of reasons that would influence a kid.

Yeah, then stack up our list:

- better education, better diploma
- more cosmopolitan area
- put pros in the NFL
- ACC ball means easier for parents to see you play
- it’s not WV

Yeah, then stack up our list:

- better education, better diploma
- more cosmopolitan area
- put pros in the NFL
- ACC ball means easier for parents to see you play
- it’s not WV
More hall of fame players too

I think in bigger pic Louisville is better choice. They got rejected for a reason. Just my opinion.

More hall of fame players too

And our uniforms are fresh.

Their uniforms have not caught up to ours in terms of freshness.

Can't believe the kid didn't commit on that factor alone.

And the hijack is on.
An early morning rant:

From Black Shoe Diaries:

I will always respond to posts like this that disseminate PSU propaganda. (No offense CA Monk.)

Prior to the formation of the Big East, the Eastern Independedents we’re trying to form an all sports league. Involvement by PSU was critical. PSU agreed to all sports EXCEPT football. So the league never materialized. Paterno and PSU KILLED the eastern league. And then Gavitt and company formed the BE, and since they had no intention of including football, PSU wasn’t invited. It’s true that the BE spurned PSU but that was long after the fact. Had Paterno and PSU not been so greedy, and had a little more foresight, an eastern league would have been formed in the 70s, and probably surpassed the ACC.