OT: Paul Finebaum and Clemson | Syracusefan.com

OT: Paul Finebaum and Clemson

Orijinal

All Conference
Did you see this article? Wow. Some pretty harsh comments about Clemson, Swinney, and (by association) the ACC. What is this guy's problem? Bad history with Dabo? Jealous of the love that Packer and Durham get?

Finebaum v Clemson

He’s just a weird guy that’s all SEC and nothing else. He’s always felt threatened by Clemson for some stupid weird reason.

If Dabo ever succeeded Saban he’d change his tune quickly.

Never really got his popularity, but it’s real.

He’s just a weird guy that’s all SEC and nothing else. He’s always felt threatened by Clemson for some stupid weird reason.

If Dabo ever succeeded Saban he’d change his tune quickly.

Never really got his popularity, but it’s real.
If Dabo does go “home” maybe we’ll get to see some awkward press conferences.

Slow news month in CFB

Also puts pressure on Clemson to leave

A twofer

From what I’ve heard, Finebaum is an extremely intelligent man who knows what he’s doing when it comes to sports talk radio. He had a huge following in Birmingham, AL before he went national, so of course he’s an SEC guy. (Basically, it’s just a persona.)

From what I’ve heard, Finebaum is an extremely intelligent man who knows what he’s doing when it comes to sports talk radio. He had a huge following in Birmingham, AL before he went national, so of course he’s an SEC guy. (Basically, it’s just a persona.)

Agree, he’s smart and knows how to get a following.

I just never really got it. It’s like the high school nerd trolling back.

Now that I say that, maybe I should listen more.

Finebaum wouldn't be saying this if it wasn't OK with ESPN.

Agree, he’s smart and knows how to get a following.

I just never really got it. It’s like the high school nerd trolling back.

Now that I say that, maybe I should listen more.
Yeah. He's smart enough to know what to do to get stupid people to listen. I caught his radio show a few times and was surprised it was even on in Knoxville. It was so Alabama oriented with 95% of the call ins from Alabama and Auburn fans, I don't know how it made it out of the Birmingham area. Since I'm not stupid, it didn't take me long to stop listening.

SEC fans crack me up when they talk about teams that have easier paths to the playoffs. Tell your team to leave the SEC then. lol. Its not other conferences fault that the SEC teams stock pile more resources, money and athletes than anyone else. Clemson beat Bama twice Paul. Stop crying.

SEC fans crack me up when they talk about teams that have easier paths to the playoffs. Tell your team to leave the SEC then. lol. Its not other conferences fault that the SEC teams stock pile more resources, money and athletes than anyone else. Clemson beat Bama twice Paul. Stop crying.

"Easier path" is not even a good argument by them. Ol' Miss, MSU, Kentucky, Mizzou, Vandy, Florida after Urban. C'mon, they're mediocre at best.

"Easier path" is not even a good argument by them. Ol' Miss, MSU, Kentucky, Mizzou, Vandy, Florida after Urban. C'mon, they're mediocre at best.
I mean all of those programs with the exception of Mizzou and Vandy are probably contending for the ACC Coastal basically every year, if not the Atlantic as well

Yeah. He's smart enough to know what to do to get stupid people to listen. I caught his radio show a few times and was surprised it was even on in Knoxville. It was so Alabama oriented with 95% of the call ins from Alabama and Auburn fans, I don't know how it made it out of the Birmingham area. Since I'm not stupid, it didn't take me long to stop listening.
Finebaum is from Memphis and is a Tennessee grad. When he was on radio in Knoxville, he acted to stir up Tennessee fans hating Bama and UK (for basketball). He just stirs the pot. He's not funny, and he is not really insightful about anything. He is a boring much of the time. But apparently ESPN's owners and programmers intend to promote him.

Finebaum is from Memphis and is a Tennessee grad. When he was on radio in Knoxville, he acted to stir up Tennessee fans hating Bama and UK (for basketball). He just stirs the pot. He's not funny, and he is not really insightful about anything. He is a boring much of the time. But apparently ESPN's owners and programmers intend to promote him.
Because they kiss SEC boots and he's the biggest media guy in the SEC. ESPN used to be really good until they got Disneyfied.

As a related aside. As part of the NBA finals coverage on ABC, while coming back from the half, Greenberg asked Jalen Rose who was going to score the first basket of the second half as if that were a legitimate game analysis question because some betting site (fanduel?) sponsered the segment. That was ridiculously Disneyfied and lame.

I believe he was one of the first (if not the first) people to do a radio show solely dedicated to college football. It was a great idea, and given that he's all SEC focused, it wasn't hard to build a dedicated audience, whether they loved or hated him.

Yep. I wouldn't call him SEC focused. He is Alabama focused and they only play SEC teams so...He doesn't really have any knowledge outside the SEC. He can't talk about any school or conference except in relation to the SEC or Bama.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom