OT: PIP | Syracusefan.com

OT: PIP

Cuseregular

Hall of Fame
Now that football seasons essentially here (do you hear that, footballs seasons here!, yippe yeah!); anyway now that it's here and I finally broke down to get an HD big screen set (Samsung 55" LCD, $900 at Olums in the 'Cuse) and I love the picture experience, especially with the surround sound, etc. BUT, there's no good picture in picture feature on any of the TV's I was checking out.

The only time you can use the built in PIP is if your watching a DVD but if you're watching TV you can't watch two channels/games at once. The cable PIP stinks in that its so centrally located on the screen and it gets in the way and can't be moved to the corner. I think I'm going to miss the old PIP. Anyone else frustrated by this?

Now that football seasons essentially here (do you hear that, footballs seasons here!, yippe yeah!); anyway now that it's here and I finally broke down to get an HD big screen set (Samsung 55" LCD, $900 at Olums in the 'Cuse) and I love the picture experience, especially with the surround sound, etc. BUT, there's no good picture in picture feature on any of the TV's I was checking out.

The only time you can use the built in PIP is if your watching a DVD but if you're watching TV you can't watch two channels/games at once. The cable PIP stinks in that its so centrally located on the screen and it gets in the way and can't be moved to the corner. I think I'm going to miss the old PIP. Anyone else frustrated by this?

I can put my PIP in any corner.

I have a Samsung as well..and I have no problem watching PIP with multiple channels?

most tv's dont have PIP with 2 tuners.. many dont work with sound on both pictures either..

I have a Samsung as well..and I have no problem watching PIP with multiple channels?
really? I'm off to the TV to try again, but I think it's as upperdeck has suggest, at least with mine.

I can put my PIP in any corner.
yeah me too with Time Warners thing, but it's not really in the corner, rather it's too far in the meat of the screen.