Class of 2018 - OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OT Qadir White (NY) SIGNED NLI to SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random..agreed

Look at McGloster...raw but pretty athletic big guy. SU took a chance on him and it paid off in his last two seasons. He was so far off the radar as a HS senior but Shafer's crew saw something. Kid has to have "want to" to make it. I doubt HCDB would offer him though...but raw, big athletic guys can get there...the only variable is time. The better the program the less chances you take on unproven. Yukon 10-15 years ago made a living under Edsal1 taking guys like McGloster.

On the flipside...The big DT Williams out of NYC was an example of a player who had the physical skills needed to play but something wasn't there in the "want to" department to do the little things to get better. Williams received a pretty high rating off potential but never materialized due to factors most likely within his control.

Last edited:
Yepp, but Q is FAR ahead of Mcgloster, at this point. If he controls what he can("want to"), he'll be a very good player. I think that holds true for all the current recruits. Accolades are nowhere near as important as potential, for the big guys.

PMzU5bJ608IUt6pmNF.gif

I’ll admit that I was worried. Glad to have the big guy aboard.

Well we still need to keep him aboard if the plan in redshirt.

Obviously, conditioning / technique are the things that he needs most. Glad this sets up as a redshirt year for Mount White.

That's it took him so long. Babers told him to carry his stuff and walk to school. Old school conditioning, up hill both ways.

Bumping because I figured that he'd be playing in some capacity. Guess he's on track to play next season?

Don't post about current players, who are on campus on the recruiting forum. If you have a question about a particular player start a thread and post it on the football forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom