OT: Question for people who have attended games at Duke | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Question for people who have attended games at Duke

I was in Virginia by chance the year we played them when they won the title with Jabari. There was nobody selling tickets outside. Maybe 10 people looking. There was one guy waiting to meet someone buying his extra and about 5 of us were begging him to sell it to them. I think I got it off him for 300 and luckily didn't drive out of my way 10 hours to not get in. No need to return unless I had a good seat.

Agree with CTO. Overrated arena itself my sightlines were awful in the corner 2nd to last row a banner blocked the basket at the other end just stupid must have been even worse for the folks behind me. I don't think there is anything cool about intentionally having a tiny venue its like if Fenway were 10k capacity and not 38k capacity or Lambeau Field only seating 25k instead of 65k.

The concourses itself weren't as crammed/bad they had some dumb but massive Duke museum annex'd on to it bigger than anything of the kind I've seen at any sports venue anywhere filled with every significant piece of Duke hoops memorabilia imaginable.

I do like the Raleigh Durham triangle area though.
I’d rather see a game at Allen Fieldhouse. Seems like a much better/cooler arena, more history, and that cool Rock Chalk chant. Their fans also seem less smug and obnoxious than Dukies. JB should schedule a home and home with Self before retirement, so he can get a chance to coach there once. He got a chance to coach at Hinkle last season in what ended up being a pretty special tourney.

I’d rather see a game at Allen Fieldhouse. Seems like a much better/cooler arena, more history, and that cool Rock Chalk chant. Their fans also seem less smug and obnoxious than Dukies. JB should schedule a home and home with Self before retirement, so he can get a chance to coach there once. He got a chance to coach at Hinkle last season in what ended up being a pretty special tourney.
Allen Fieldhouse is awesome. I had to go to Kansas City for work back in 2008 and went to a random Kansas/Siena game there (I think it was the same night as the Cleveland State game). It holds 16k but it actually feels like much less because you're so on top of the court.

Fair enough. Haven’t been there in a long time. The size of the arena/crowds, atmosphere, sight lines, layout(all the blue, the banners and retired jerseys hanging, the giant state of NC on the court, band, etc.) made it an impressive place to me.
I've been to most SU games at UNC since they entered the ACC and I do enjoy the game day experience.

Just go to Conte Forum for the game. I bought tickets for like 20 bucks per. It's a Syracuse home game at this point.
I always go to the BC Cuse games @ Conte forum. Small arena, cheap seats, tons of Cuse fans and its a 5 min drive from my apartment.

Seems like a reasonable price to me. The only issue is I don’t know how to work an internet so the Help always does that for me. You definitely don’t want your car to get scuffed by one of the proles so make sure you take a car you don’t like as much, like your Maserati. How much is a banana these days? Ten dollars?

I was strongly considering going to the SU/Duke game at Cameron Indoor with my son on January 22nd. I fully expected the tickets to be expensive since it's such a small arena. Clearly, I was naive, but I thought the cheapest seats would maybe be in the $150-200 range.

The cheapest tickets on StubHub are $1129 apiece and the cheapest on Ticketmaster are $1271 apiece.

What am I missing here? Do people here who have attended games at Cameron seriously spend the equivalent of a mortgage payment on tickets?
Looks like prices have normalized from where they were a month ago.

Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 9.53.17 AM.png