OT - Refs just gave Seahawks game! | Syracusefan.com

OT - Refs just gave Seahawks game!

cuseincincy

All Conference
Wow was that bad. First off blatant pass interference, not reviewable. Then GB pciks ball off but rtefs give Seattle a TD. NFL gets bigtime egg on face. Gruden just said GB should be given the win.

Wow was that bad. First off blatant pass interference, not reviewable. Then GB pciks ball off but rtefs give Seattle a TD. NFL gets bigtime egg on face. Gruden just said GB should be given the win.

Just made a post on the OT board about this, but it was so blatantly bad that I think it warrants a post here.

Travesty. Clear INT for Green Bay.

This "silence is golden" schtick by Goodell ain't gonna wash much longer.
The officiating is a disaster.

Referees never should a decide game. This was yet another game during which calls and delays were silly and terrible. The ending was flat comical.

I suspect a deal with the refs will be completed this week.

If I'm part of the ref group, I dig in even more.

Fact is, there aren't many things that can harm the NFL. This piss poor handling of the referees is one thing that can. If I'm the refs, I say go for broke.

Wow, to be a Packers fan right now must suck.
The PI non call I don't mind b/c it's NEVER called in those scrums, but how do you miss the interception. Another national TV disaster for the NFL.
This will definitely speed up the negotiations.

I honestly think the referee who signaled touchdown forgot what team was on offense or accidentally gave the wrong signal.

Just a disaster for the nfl. But before we crown the real refs kings, let's remember they once up a coin flip.

Obvious interception. Seriously, how is that missed? Not to mention horrible pass interference and roughing the passer called on gb.

Fact is, there aren't many things that can harm the NFL. This piss poor handling of the referees is one thing that can. If I'm the refs, I say go for broke.

Right. The refs have all the leverage. Goodell thinks he can walk the line between horrible officiating and the wrath of players, coaches and fans because of said officiating. It's to the point now where it's hurting the game far more than any benefit the league can get by playing hardball with the real refs. Get a deal done and save this season before the refereeing makes a farce out of the whole league. You have until next kickoff to fix this cluster-.

I honestly think the referee who signaled touchdown forgot what team was on offense or accidentally gave the wrong signal.

Just a disaster for the nfl. But before we crown the real refs kings, let's remember they once ****** up a coin flip.
That's the thing people don't realize. I'm sure if the real refs were under this kind of scrutiny we would notice a lot more mistakes. I know they grade out well, but they aren't under the kind of pressure that these replacements are under, where EVERY SINGLE PLAY gets the royal treatment breakdown.
That being said, it's still a disaster and they are much better than the replacements.

Right. The refs have all the leverage. Goodell thinks he can walk the line between horrible officiating and the wrath of players, coaches and fans because of said officiating. It's to the point now where it's hurting the game far more than any benefit the league can get by playing hardball with the real refs. Get a deal done and save this season before the refereeing makes a farce out of the whole league. You have until next kickoff to fix this cluster-****.
Yup. Goodell and the NFL wanted to make the statement that the refs didn't matter.

Well, turns out they do. A lot.

That's a mistake the league should pay for.

Yup. Goodell and the NFL wanted to make the statement that the refs didn't matter.

Well, turns out they do. A lot.

That's a mistake the league should pay for.

I'm watching post-game coverage, and the announcers not surprisingly are being pretty harsh about today's outcome, and the impact of utilizing replacement refs. Dilfer said [paraphrasing], the NFL is a multi-billion dollar business that tried to pretend that not having qualified officials wouldn't be an issue--but now it's an issue.

I'm watching post-game coverage, and the announcers not surprisingly are being pretty harsh about today's outcome, and the impact of utilizing replacement refs. Dilfer said [paraphrasing], the NFL is a multi-billion dollar business that tried to pretend that not having qualified officials wouldn't be an issue--but now it's an issue.
Yup.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Wow, to be a Packers fan right now must suck.
The PI non call I don't mind b/c it's NEVER called in those scrums, but how do you miss the interception. Another national TV disaster for the NFL.
This will definitely speed up the negotiations.

The absolute worst officiated game I've ever seen and I'm an avid sports fan who is 56 years old. The integrity of the game is clearly on the line now. It wasn't just the final call, it was a continuous flow of egregious bad calls punctuated only by a nearly equal number of missed calls.

If it's going to be like this you might as well just flip the coin and call it a day. That would also end the head injuries at the same time.

Right. The refs' leverage in this gains significant weight with every passing week. NFL looks silly here. Refs are not a dime a dozen as they thought. Reminds me of a recent business meeting I had:

Retainer!!! Allegedly, your situation, for you, would be concurrently improved if I had two hundred dollars right now... Let me tell you something. You're suspect. Yeah, you. I don't know your situation in this town, but after the shizz you tried pulling today, you can bet I'll be looking into you. Now the business we have heretofore, you can speak with my aforementioned attorney. Good day gentlemen, and until that day comes, keep your ear to the grindstone.

scaled.php

I very rarely get so upset about the outcome of a game, because 99% of the time when my team loses, they deserved it. I'm absolutely apoplectic tonight. This was an absolute farce, and the worst part is I question how much an impact it will have. People can complain all they want, but unless some drastic step is taken, the NFL bottom line won't take any kind of a hit. People won't stop watching.

If i were in some sort of position of power for GB i would not have put my team back out for the extra point and declared during the press conference that my team was no longer playing football in the NFL until the situation with the ref's is settled. Over the top and extreme? definitely.. but i guarantee you it would have gotten everyone and their grandmothers too look at the situation. Ref's would have been back by tomorrow.

That's the thing people don't realize. I'm sure if the real refs were under this kind of scrutiny we would notice a lot more mistakes. I know they grade out well, but they aren't under the kind of pressure that these replacements are under, where EVERY SINGLE PLAY gets the royal treatment breakdown.
That being said, it's still a disaster and they are much better than the replacements.

1. Replacement refs are fun. I like the added comedy. I'm a Chargers fan though, football is all about comedy to me. Screw you Norv Turner!!!!!!!!!

2. Everyone says it's soooooooo obvious, but Tirico even called it a Tate catch with simultaneous possession in real time.

Gruden has LOATHED replacement officials since minute 1 - he kind of pushed this as the biggest atrocity in the history of the NFL. Regular refs screw up all the time too. Pushing off in a pile - I think I've seen that called once. Short of taking off your helmet and beating the other people in the scrum you probably aren't getting a PI.

3. Regular refs don't screw up this much, obviously. They also tend not to replay every single mistake and analyze over and over again if it's a mistake. They're also more sure of what they're doing so you don't get the awkward let's figure this out moments so it's usually just glossed over. (See point 1)

4. That call sucked all the same.

Mike and Mike just had former ref Jerry Markham (sp?) on and one of his first statements was about the "overt" pass interference by Golden Tate which should have been called.

I wonder if he worked the 2003 NYG-SF game, when there was a little more at stake than week 3, and the Giants receiver on the botched field goal attempt was literally steamrolled?