OT: Richard Sherman | Syracusefan.com

OT: Richard Sherman

Dave85

Living Legend
There's a lot of controversy over the Richard Sherman. The interesting bit is the 90 seconds of audio before the interview. And the 180 seconds after the interview. If you listen to the before part and the after part, it looks like Crabtree is the goat. Sherman says just after the game to Crabtree "Hell of game, hell of game." Crabtree then smacks him in the face. You could say it was taunting. But I don't know. I think I am going to side with Richard Sherman on this whole issue. Especially the 180 seconds after the interview when he goes over and talks with the 49ers. I think the interview is just a bad moment right after he got smacked in the face. There's a lot more to this story than is being reported.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000316756/article/sherman-crabtree-micd-during-nfc-championship

The guy can back it up with his play. I would love for him to be on the Giants.

I'm not buying it. He sprinted after him after the play to get in his face and say "Hell of a game, Hell of a game." If he truly meant it as a post game compliment and not a taunt, I think he would have understood Crabtree's reaction immediately after a bitter loss and let it go. At least that is how I saw it watching it in the moment.

Haven't paid enough attention to see if they talked about any of the interaction that may have gone on during the game prior to that point and whether that shines a different light on things.

I love sheit talking. Its something Im good at. But you shut it off before you decide to communicate your feelings about crabtree in front of 370 million Americans. It wasvjust dumb. I get emotion, but he went a step or two to far.

The Redskins incident they were talking about:

I don't think congratulating a player in the moment his team has lost for a "great game" is fully intended to be sportsmenlike.

Because he's so intelligent a lot of people think Sherman's antics are calculated in an attempt to elevate his profile as the league's most famous villain.

I don't know if that's the case but if it is it's working.

Because he's so intelligent a lot of people think Sherman's antics are calculated in an attempt to elevate his profile as the league's most famous villain.

Could be. If you can't be peyton manning you should be haynesworth or suh. They are often talked about. Obviously not haynesworth anymore.

Confession: I had never heard of Richard Sherman before last Sunday.I knew Seattle had a good defense but I didn't know who the individual players were. Now I know who R. S. is.

Of course its calculated. You don't think the "thug" talking point being brought up just as his "Beats by Dre" commercial comes out where he's asked about his reputation as a "thug".

When you read his reasoned takes and stuff he's written for MMQB, you realize he's a pretty smart dude. But did anyone hear of him before he went after Tom Brady last year after that game? He knows how to get his wrestling villain pop.