OT: Riley Dixon named to PFWA All-Rookie Team | Syracusefan.com

OT: Riley Dixon named to PFWA All-Rookie Team

How we don't recruit top kickers year in and year out is one of life's greatest mysteries to me :noidea:

Punting and Kicking are 2 different things.
We've had very good punting since Rob Long. And of course, #DixonForHeisman.

Das Hof was listed as the top Frosh punter in the ACC this past season.

Now, granted - he may have been the ONLY Frosh punter in the ACC, but he did pretty decently, for the most part.
He had incredibly massive shoes to fill, and did so fairly admirably.

Our kicking game hasn't been noteworthy for a while, unfortunately.
Back in the day, we were Kicker U.
Had the longest made xp streak for like forever, sent kickers to the NFL routinely.

Not bad for a walk on who briefly quit football after his freshman or sophomore year.
At that time, the staff thought Jon Fisher, a punter from Oakfield-Alabama HS near Rochester, was better. I think it frustrated Riley enough he almost left the team.

At the time they were competing, neither was very good. Fisher was a maybe little more consistent but Riley hit them longer and higher when he got a hold of one.

I think the lesson to take from that competition is when two players are competing at about the same level, go with the one with the higher ceiling, especially if they are younger and have a great work ethic.

Orangeyes, to his credit, always loved Riley and campaigned for him to get the starting job...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom