OT: RIP Dr. Jack Ramsay | Syracusefan.com

OT: RIP Dr. Jack Ramsay

Listening to PJ Carlisimo this afternoon saying Jack Ramsey was a coach that all coaches wanted to be like. That Ramsey was the coach who showed other coaches how to act on the sidelines. I guess they all didn't watch closely. PJ went on to say that coaches, assistants and players all wanted Ramsey's advice.
Walton said he learned more about basketball from Ramsey than anyone else.

It made me very sad to hear this news this morning. He was so awesome as a radio commentator.

One of my favorites, coached for the Buffalo Braves with McAdoo and Ernie D...correct? One of the few NBA guys I liked to listen to.

A part of the rich tradition of Philadelphia basketball, the best grass roots hoops city in the world.
I have always felt if that 1976-77 Blazer team would have played in NY there would have been as many books written on that team as there were on the 69-70 Knicks.

It made me very sad to hear this news this morning. He was so awesome as a radio commentator.
Agreed. He and Hubie Brown were the best if you wanted to feel like you were actually learning something about the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom