OT: RIP jrgalu | Syracusefan.com

OT: RIP jrgalu

Consigliere

Co 2020 Cali Award Winner, Record Thru 5 Games
I lost a great friend and fellow Orange fan to COVID Friday night. This is my second close friend we lost to this terrible disease.
John was born and raised in Scranton to a family of Penn State fans before moving to the Southern Tier to work for Endicott Johnson. He was always a Cuse basketball fan, but I converted him to Orange for football as well and he sat in season seats next to me for both sports for 17 years - Section 319 for football and 123 for hoops.. John travelled extensively for business during the fall so only made one or two Fine Mess Tailgates each season, but you might remember him as the person Niko interviewed at one of our events when he flew in from Vietnam and headed straight to the Dome for a tailgate and game. We traveled together to both Pinstripe Bowls and the Camping World Bowl and were planning our return trip to the Bahamas for the Battle 4 Atlantis in November.
COVID took him very quickly. He was routinely tested and tested negative just 10 days before the onset of symptoms. He started exhibiting symptoms Monday, tested positive and was admitted to the hospital Wednesday and passed away Friday night. He was proud of his diligence as he finally was able to secure an appointment to be vaccinated tomorrow for he and his wife.

Everyone is free to make their own decisions, but PLEASE:
Wear a Mask
Follow relevant safety protocols
Don't try to game the system by securing a vaccine appointment before you are entitled and
When available, get vaccinated.

Last edited:
I lost a great friend and fellow Orange fan to COVID Friday night. This is my second close friend we lost to this terrible disease.
John was born and raised in Scranton to a family of Penn State fans before moving to the Southern Tier to work for Endicott Johnson. He was always a Cuse basketball fan, but I converted him to Orange for football as well and he sat in season sears next to me for both sports for 17 years - Section 319 for football and 123 for hoops.. John travelled extensively for business during the fall so only made one or two Fine Mess Tailgates each season, but you might remember him as the person Niko interviewed at one of our events when he flew in from Vietnam and headed straight to the Dome for a tailgate and game. We traveled together to both Pinstripe Bowls and the Camping World Bowl and were planning our return trip to the Bahamas for the Battle 4 Atlantis in November.
COVID took him very quickly. He was routinely tested and tested negative just 10 days before the onset of symptoms. He started exhibiting symptoms Monday, tested positive and was admitted to the hospital Wednesday and passed away Friday night. He was proud of his diligence as he finally was able to secure an appointment to be vaccinated tomorrow for he and his wife.

Wear a Mask
Don't try to game the system by securing a vaccine appointment before you are entitled and
So sorry for your loss

John was born and raised in Scranton to a family of Penn State fans before moving to the Southern Tier to work for Endicott Johnson. He was always a Cuse basketball fan, but I converted him to Orange for football as well and he sat in season sears next to me for both sports for 17 years - Section 319 for football and 123 for hoops.. John travelled extensively for business during the fall so only made one or two Fine Mess Tailgates each season, but you might remember him as the person Niko interviewed at one of our events when he flew in from Vietnam and headed straight to the Dome for a tailgate and game. We traveled together to both Pinstripe Bowls and the Camping World Bowl and were planning our return trip to the Bahamas for the Battle 4 Atlantis in November.

Wear a Mask
So sorry to hear about your friend. Makes it even sadder that some people don't take it seriously which jeopardizes the rest of us.

John was born and raised in Scranton to a family of Penn State fans before moving to the Southern Tier to work for Endicott Johnson. He was always a Cuse basketball fan, but I converted him to Orange for football as well and he sat in season seats next to me for both sports for 17 years - Section 319 for football and 123 for hoops.. John travelled extensively for business during the fall so only made one or two Fine Mess Tailgates each season, but you might remember him as the person Niko interviewed at one of our events when he flew in from Vietnam and headed straight to the Dome for a tailgate and game. We traveled together to both Pinstripe Bowls and the Camping World Bowl and were planning our return trip to the Bahamas for the Battle 4 Atlantis in November.

Wear a Mask
Condolences Mark. What a tough stretch we are dealing with now...

Condolences Mark. Sorry for your loss and I hope it reaffirms that COVID is not going away. Be safe and smart. It keeps things in perspective. Yesterday’s game is not all that important.

Sorry to hear about the loss of a good friend. It has been a tough year and hopefully there will be some degree of normalcy in the coming months.

Wear a Mask

Sorry to hear of your loss, and thank you for the strong message in honor of your friend.

Deepest condolences about your friend, Mark.

I'm so sorry Mark...best wishes to all of us during these tough times...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom