OT: RIP Walt Sweeney | Syracusefan.com

OT: RIP Walt Sweeney

alibrat66

2nd String
I was shocked today when I read of Walt's passing. We were friends at SU and worked construction together one summer, when he was a member of some of the greatest teams in Orange football history. He was a multi-year all-pro, who never got his due: he should be in the Hall of Fame.

We met up again in San Diego and, later, Lake Tahoe, where we both lived. He was a good friend and would do about anything for you. He never ever let life defeat him; when he picked himself up, it was always with a smile and a sense of humor.

SU lost a good one in Walt.

I was shocked today when I read of Walt's passing. We were friends at SU and worked construction together one summer, when he was a member of some of the greatest teams in Orange football history. He was a multi-year all-pro, who never got his due: he should be in the Hall of Fame.

We met up again in San Diego and, later, Lake Tahoe, where we both lived. He was a good friend and would do about anything for you. He never ever let life defeat him; when he picked himself up, it was always with a smile and a sense of humor.

SU lost a good one in Walt.
Walt belongs in the Hall of Fame. OE and I will not rest until he gets there.

My uncle played football with Walt at SU. My Dad told me at the SU game on Monday, that back in the day some jerk flicked a cigarette through my uncle's car window that hit his future wife in the face. Both my uncle and Walt got out of the car and proceeded to teach the guy I assume a very memorable lesson! Rest in peace Walt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom