OT: Rondo chest bump | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Rondo chest bump

Josh smith had possession of the balln almost the entire time... he was able to 2 hand chest pass it to JJ when the whistle was blown.
Tough call imo. Probably was a foul but in the playoffs I dont think that usually gets called. I dont think it should have been called but if I was a Hawks fan I definately wouldve yelled "wheres the foul!?" so I guess im contradicting myself pretty bad there.

Go ref in a 30+ competitive mens league for a week. Then come back and complain about officiating in basketball games. The NBA moves about 20x faster... it's not easy to call these bang bang plays with monstrous dudes all over each other. These refs aren't trying to make the wrong calls. They are graded on each game.
Ive never reffed before so I would probably tell you its pretty hard, considering I dont do it as a profession....

At least call it even. For example how can the OSU/Cuse refs be that bad? That seems absurd to me. If I was that bad at my job I would be fired.

I know the refs are trying very hard, and the NBA is probably the toughest sport to officiate; just sucks with the anticipation calls because they usually benefit the stars.

The refs can call a foul for phony flops. I've only seen one this past year.

You're right, that call is available to them but is rarely made. What I'd like to see is more no calls in those situations. If they just let play continue with the flopper sprawled on the floor (or somewhere out of bounds) it would put the flopper's team at a great disadvantage and you'd see this stuff start to disappear from the game.

This is why the Celtics tried their best to get rid of Rondo. His attitude and prima donna nature is so well known, it overdshadows his skills. He single handedly took them out of any chance to win that game last night and jeopardized game 2 because he is selfish.
They haven't tried to get rid of him. Other teams kept planting that in the media to get under his skin and also to try to lower his trade value.

They haven't tried to get rid of him. Other teams kept planting that in the media to get under his skin and also to try to lower his trade value.

He was offered to the Hornets for Paul and N.O. didn't want it. Most GM's don't want their best player to be a guy who can't shoot. I think Rondo is an awesome player, a slighty poorer man's Jason Kidd in his prime...but I wouldn't want to build my team around him as the centerpiece.

He was offered to the Hornets for Paul and N.O. didn't want it. Most GM's don't want their best player to be a guy who can't shoot. I think Rondo is an awesome player, a slighty poorer man's Jason Kidd in his prime...but I wouldn't want to build my team around him as the centerpiece.
That's not trying to get rid of him. That's trying to trade for one of the best point guards in the NBA.

He may be a little immature, but he makes everyone around him better. Averaging almost 12 dimes a game is pretty impressive no matter who you are.

That's not trying to get rid of him. That's trying to trade for one of the best point guards in the NBA.

He may be a little immature, but he makes everyone around him better. Averaging almost 12 dimes a game is pretty impressive no matter who you are.

Yeah, agreed. Trying to get the best PG in the league isn't actively trying to get rid of Rondo. You HAVE to see if you can get him if you are the Celtics in that position.

Rondo is a very good NBA PG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom