OT: Russell Westbrook | Syracusefan.com

OT: Russell Westbrook

Eric15

Living Legend
Last night, had the highest scoring triple double game in league history... 57 points, 13 rebounds, 11 assists.

These are historically freakish numbers.

Last night, had the highest scoring triple double game in league history... 57 points, 13 rebounds, 11 assists.

These are historically freakish numbers.

I know he's a bit of a stat padder (not saying he did it last night, obviously), but he's such a force of nature, it's amazing to watch.

The only issue is that the NBA is too good for him to win with this high of a usage percentage. If it holds that Houston plays OKC, that should be an amazing series.

isn this only true because they didnt track stats back in Wilts days?

isn this only true because they didnt track stats back in Wilts days?

They tracked points, rebounds and assists but not steals and blocks.

I feel like if LeBron was averaging a triple double, people would be going bonkers over it.

But Westbrook is doing it and people are holding it against him.

I feel like if LeBron was averaging a triple double, people would be going bonkers over it.

But Westbrook is doing it and people are holding it against him.

You're probably right to an extent, but I also don't think people are holding it against Westbrook so much as they're just saying other players are more deserving of the MVP, which, in a year like this, is pretty reasonable. I also think if the Thunder were doing better (which they have been lately), there would be basically zero complaints. I think there's a small minority that just hate him in general, but for the most part, the complaints don't start until you get into the MVP conversation where there's 3 other guys that are also very deserving and everyone has "their guy" and is trying to pick the others apart.

You're probably right to an extent, but I also don't think people are holding it against Westbrook so much as they're just saying other players are more deserving of the MVP, which, in a year like this, is pretty reasonable. I also think if the Thunder were doing better (which they have been lately), there would be basically zero complaints. I think there's a small minority that just hate him in general, but for the most part, the complaints don't start until you get into the MVP conversation where there's 3 other guys that are also very deserving and everyone has "their guy" and is trying to pick the others apart.

I also think Bron could average a triple double if he was chasing it.

I also think Bron could average a triple double if he was chasing it.
He's posting career highs in rebounds and assists in his 14th season. I'll go out on a limb and say that's never been done before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom