OT: San Diego | Syracusefan.com

OT: San Diego

stuckinbig11

All American
No, I am not going for the aircraft carrier game, but we are considering a trip in January to get out of the cold for a week and not going to Florida. Any suggestions from anyone on can't miss things to see and do?

• balboa park and the zoo
  • the view from point loma lighthouse (cabrillo national park) is pretty awesome. if you guys are cyclists i recommend a bike ride up there
  • sailing or stand up paddleboard/kayaking
  • sea world is pretty fun
  • recommend checking out la jolla/mission beach/pacific beach/coronado
  • gas lamp quarter was pretty fun for dining/shopping/nightlife
  • i also believe they have a maritime museum there that is pretty good
  • sit back and enjoy the weather/beach while watching the boats go by

If you are into animals, I believe that there is also an animal safari place.

Legoland if you have kiddies.

If you are a hamburger aficionado, two of the BEST burger joints in the country are in San Diego.

Hodad's & Rocky's

If you have to choose just one, I'd do Hodad's because the atmosphere is more fun, but for the burger you can't lose with either place.

Addison in Del Mar is one of the very, very finest restaurants in all of North America. It would be Michelin rated if Michelin ever came to San Diego. It's not even food - it is art.

It won't be for everyone - it is true fine dining, French inspired, which means many of the dishes might scare you when you see them on the menu, and dinner service can be 3 hours start to finish. It is also very pricey - the seven course chef's tasting menu for two with wine pairings (which is an unbelievable experience if you are a foodie) will cost you $700 with tip.

I'd add this to any Tijuana suggestion...leave the wife and kids behind.

Stone brewery in Escondido is awesome, Anza-Borrego state park

Anza-Borrego is awesome, but that's an 80 mile car-sick-inducing ride from the city of San Diego.

Dude - no disrespect to In-N-Out (which I love) but that's a burger comparable to Shake Shack and Five Guys. The places I mentioned are a serious cut above. Besides - you can get In-N-Out all over California. Hodad's and Rocky's are only in SD.

Back at you Dude...relax it isn't that important...he is a tourist from the midwest. Let him decide what he wants to do.

No worries, I am in a perpetual state of relaxation - except when watching SU football.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom