OT: Self Promotion "Dee Snider Rock & Roll Roast" | Syracusefan.com

OT: Self Promotion "Dee Snider Rock & Roll Roast"

OttosBestFriend

2nd String
I'm a whore... I admit it.

But I'm also very proud to have been one of the writers on tomorrow's "Dee Snider Rock & Roll Roast"

It airs LIVE and unedited in all its filthy glory on the new AXS network at 9PM Pacific (Midnight Eastern)

AXS is channel 340 on DirecTV and 362 on Dish. It's also on lots of cable systems such as AT&T and Verizon, but you gotta look those up :)

The Dais is a great mix of heavy metal stars, comedians, and even a wrestling icon. Plus there's a bunch of "special guests" I'm not allowed to disclose.

Based on the most recent script, a ton of my jokes made it in to the roast and I'm way psyched.

Please check it out... Or set your DVRs and watch it over the weekend.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, here's a look at just some of the people on the Dais.
http://s7.postimage.org/yakdbx2gb/DEE_SNIDER_ROAST_IMAGE.jpg

I'm a big music fan...and I get AXS...I'll check it out. Is your name Tommy James or is that a handle as well?

Are Jim Norton, Jim Florentine and Craig Gass going to recycle their jokes from the Gene Simmons roast, or do they have new ones? I kid.

I'm a big music fan...and I get AXS...I'll check it out. Is your name Tommy James or is that a handle as well?

That's my name.

Same as the singer from the 60s & 70s (Mony Mony, Crimson & Clover, Crystal Blue Persuasion, I Think We're Alone Now, Hanky Panky, Draggin the Line, etc...)

Though no relation to him.

Excellent use of Crystal Blue Persuasion in Breaking Bad this season...

He's a tv whore. He'd come to the opening of an envelope.

Hey Corduroy, I saw Soundgarden last night at Hammerstein. I assume you may be a fan. They were in top form

I'm DYING to see Soundgarden live.

Of all the bands that have broken up and reunited, their reunion makes me most happy as it offers a 2nd chance to see 'em.

I saw Audioslave twice in LA (including 2005 on Hollywood Blvd for "Jimmy Kimmel Live"), but never Soundgarden.

SIDE NOTE: LAPD shut down the Hollywood Blvd. Audioslave concert about 10-11 songs in as once they moved deep into the Rage Against the Machine catalog, fans started to go batsh#t crazy... First throwing beer cans and then metal barriers and garbage cans, we were thisclose to full-on chaos. Police in riot gear moved in to disperse the crowd, but it was pretty scary for us - even in the fenced-in VIP section.

I'm DYING to see Soundgarden live.

Of all the bands that have broken up and reunited, their reunion makes me most happy as it offers a 2nd chance to see 'em.

I saw Audioslave twice in LA (including 2005 on Hollywood Blvd for "Jimmy Kimmel Live"), but never Soundgarden.

I would love to see Soundgarden live. Probably my favorite of the so-called "grunge bands" even though they were far more metal influenced than any of the others. I did manage to see Alice in Chains open for Ozzy on the No More Tours Tour in '93. I would love to see Faith No More. I saw Mike Patton with Fantomas when they opened for Tool but could never really get into Fantomas. Patton is preferred with FNM or Mr. Bungle.

Will this show be on Time Warner? I definitely want to check it out.

I used to love Dee when he had the morning show in Hartford.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I would love to see Soundgarden live. Probably my favorite of the so-called "grunge bands" even though they were far more metal influenced than any of the others. I did manage to see Alice in Chains open for Ozzy on the No More Tours Tour in '93. I would love to see Faith No More. I saw Mike Patton with Fantomas when they opened for Tool but could never really get into Fantomas. Patton is preferred with FNM or Mr. Bungle.

Will this show be on Time Warner? I definitely want to check it out.

yeah, I've seen every band that you mentioned here (multiple times) except for Fantomas and Bungle. Never quite got into Fantomas, although I do love Bungle. I always enjoyed the Soundgarden shows but never thought they were truly great live. Tool is amazing live. Absolutely love Mike Patton - FNM - saw their first US reunion show on the Brooklyn waterfront a few years back, that was intense. Patton's got another band called Tomahawk that is very good and features ex-members of Jesus Lizard and Helmet (John Stanier on drums, he's awesome).

Mason

yeah, I've seen every band that you mentioned here (multiple times) except for Fantomas and Bungle. Never quite got into Fantomas, although I do love Bungle. I always enjoyed the Soundgarden shows but never thought they were truly great live. Tool is amazing live. Absolutely love Mike Patton - FNM - saw their first US reunion show on the Brooklyn waterfront a few years back, that was intense. Patton's got another band called Tomahawk that is very good and features ex-members of Jesus Lizard and Helmet (John Stanier on drums, he's awesome).

Mason

I miss Jim Martin in FNM.

I'm a whore... I admit it.

But I'm also very proud to have been one of the writers on tomorrow's "Dee Snider Rock & Roll Roast"

It airs LIVE and unedited in all its filthy glory on the new AXS network at 9PM Pacific (Midnight Eastern)

AXS is channel 340 on DirecTV and 362 on Dish. It's also on lots of cable systems such as AT&T and Verizon, but you gotta look those up :)

The Dais is a great mix of heavy metal stars, comedians, and even a wrestling icon. Plus there's a bunch of "special guests" I'm not allowed to disclose.

Based on the most recent script, a ton of my jokes made it in to the roast and I'm way psyched.

Please check it out... Or set your DVRs and watch it over the weekend.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, here's a look at just some of the people on the Dais.
http://s7.postimage.org/yakdbx2gb/DEE_SNIDER_ROAST_IMAGE.jpg

Is there any sort of internet feed for this? I'm pretty sure that Cox cable in Fairfax VA doesn't get AXS.

TinyMan: AXS used to be HDNet...some people who used to get HDNet are not aware of the switch in names...I'm not saying you are one of those, just wanted to make sure in case.

I miss Jim Martin in FNM.

I've seen FNM 4 times, the first two times with Jim Martin. He definitely gave the band an extra dose of 'rock'n'roll' presence.

First time I saw them was at Rich Stadium, opening for Metallica and G'nR (pretty crummy show actually, went downhill bigtime after FNM... G'n'R was basically unlistenable).

Patton runs onto the stage and screams "Good afternoon Fort Lauderdale!!!!" then does a forward flip and lands on his back and starts into singing without missing a beat...

I love Scott Ian.

I believe Scott Ian actually played a zombie in one of the Walking Dead online webisodes from season one. He wasn't credited. It's the 6-part webisode directed by Greg Nicotero about the woman who became the "bicycle girl" zombie.

That's my name.

Same as the singer from the 60s & 70s (Mony Mony, Crimson & Clover, Crystal Blue Persuasion, I Think We're Alone Now, Hanky Panky, Draggin the Line, etc...)

Though no relation to him.

That's the name JoeCollege used to use when he would lure unsuspecting drunken heavies back to his place. Never trust a guy with two first names. ;)

I've seen FNM 4 times, the first two times with Jim Martin. He definitely gave the band an extra dose of 'rock'n'roll' presence.

First time I saw them was at Rich Stadium, opening for Metallica and G'nR (pretty crummy show actually, went downhill bigtime after FNM... G'n'R was basically unlistenable).

Patton runs onto the stage and screams "Good afternoon Fort Lauderdale!!!!" then does a forward flip and lands on his back and starts into singing without missing a beat...

Yeah, I saw the FNM,Metallica and G N R bill twice at Giants Stadium. Each show, Axl acted like a jackass. He left during one of the shows maybe 10 songs into their set because soneone allegedly hit him with a lighter. Plus, that was the tour where they had a horn section and backing singers. It was like G N R Review...really cheesy. No Izzy either. No offense to Gilby Clarke but Izzy was the heart and soul of the band and their best songwriter. FNM was pretty good and Metallica was okay too but by then I'd had my fill of the Black Album. I interviewed Jason Newstead before one of the shows---very nice guy.

Yeah, I saw the FNM,Metallica and G N R bill twice at Giants Stadium. Each show, Axl acted like a jackass. He left during one of the shows maybe 10 songs into their set because soneone allegedly hit him with a lighter. Plus, that was the tour where they had a horn section and backing singers. It was like G N R Review...really cheesy. No Izzy either. No offense to Gilby Clarke but Izzy was the heart and soul of the band and their best songwriter. FNM was pretty good and Metallica was okay too but by then I'd had my fill of the Black Album. I interviewed Jason Newstead before one of the shows---very nice guy.

God I loved FNM (still do). Very underrated band.

One of my good HS buddies has a brother who is making a name for himself in the music industry. His name is Ben Mauro and he is Lionel Richie's lead guitarist. Yes I know cheesy music but its a great gig and it has allowed to him pursue some solo work (he just put out an album) and also work on his own band (13 curves). Kid is a superstar on the acoustic side as well. He has a facebook page and does a pretty cool video every month while on the road with Lionel. If you check out his website (I think its BenMauro.com) it shows who he has worked with and the list is impressive.

Yeah, i thought the same about G'nR with the horn section and backing singers. Do you remember Slash messing up the intro to Sweet Child then starting it over again? Total Bush League move.

cool that you got to interview Newstead.

TinyMan: AXS used to be HDNet...some people who used to get HDNet are not aware of the switch in names...I'm not saying you are one of those, just wanted to make sure in case.

I didn't know that. I'll try to check it out. I barely ever watch TV other than Cuse games and some NFL.