OT- Seton Hall vs Louisville | Syracusefan.com

OT- Seton Hall vs Louisville

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
Watching this game - Taurean Thompson on the bench and haven’t noticed him on the court. Then very surprised to see a huge Dinosaur BBQ signs all along the front of the scorer’s tables - they must be a big sponsor at Seton Hall. The sign rotates with a few other sponsors.

Watching this game - Taurean Thompson on the bench and haven’t noticed him on the court. Then very surprised to see a huge Dinosaur BBQ signs all along the front of the scorer’s tables - they must be a big sponsor at Seton Hall. The sign rotates with a few other sponsors.
I watched Seton Hall in a couple of other games. TT played short stretches. In one game I think he scored 8 pts in only a few minutes. In both cases, he was pulled by the coach for defensive mistakes.

Yeah Taurean is not having a good start to the season. He’s shooting 36%.

I wasn't sure what to expect from him - and didn't put much thought into it tbh, but I definitely wouldn't have guessed it would be this bad so far for him. I don't think he has a single statistic that isn't far worse than at Syracuse - includes MPG.

Yeah Taurean is not having a good start to the season. He’s shooting 36%.

Jeez. That’s brutal because we know he doesn’t play D or pass.

With his shooting touch and combination of decent athleticism, footwork, and height there’s no reason he shouldn’t be around 50%. Wonder how much of it is rust, and how much is poor shot selection? Also, I think he had an injury while he was sitting out last year? I wonder if that’s a factor in his slow start.

He broke his elbow. That was 16 months ago now. Somehow he’s averaging more shots per game in less minutes as well and his rebounding/assist rates are also down.

He broke his elbow. That was 16 months ago now. Somehow he’s averaging more shots per game in less minutes as well and his rebounding/assist rates are also down.

Wow. Didn’t realize it was that long ago.

So sounds like bad shot selection if he’s taking more shots in fewer minutes. Because he already shot too much before.

Chris Mack can coach. Not the most talented team but they have been playing well, sound, and their analytical numbers are very good this year. Gave me a scare early as SHU came out hard and on fire. Got up 10 early. This was a no brainer though at UL +3.5.

Jeez. That’s brutal because we know he doesn’t play D or pass.

With his shooting touch and combination of decent athleticism, footwork, and height there’s no reason he shouldn’t be around 50%. Wonder how much of it is rust, and how much is poor shot selection? Also, I think he had an injury while he was sitting out last year? I wonder if that’s a factor in his slow start.

After all that we've read and heard about him over the past year or so, does anyone think that this is a kid who is super-motivated to play college ball? He's different and I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way. But he doesn't seem to me to be one of these laser-focused kids when it comes to basketball. He's a tall, well-coordinated kid with decent athleticism but I'm not sure if his head's into it. And that's fine with me. Why do we have to fit everyone into neat little boxes based on what we think they should be? I admire people like John Urschel for saying up yours to all that. But that won't cut it with most coaches at this level. Maybe that's a good thing for him long term but right now Hurley probably has some buyer's remorse.

Not saying I'm actually "rooting" for LV, but even in a thug contest like that I have to pull for the ACC team. W.

After all that we've read and heard about him over the past year or so, does anyone think that this is a kid who is super-motivated to play college ball? He's different and I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way. But he doesn't seem to me to be one of these laser-focused kids when it comes to basketball. He's a tall, well-coordinated kid with decent athleticism but I'm not sure if his head's into it. And that's fine with me. Why do we have to fit everyone into neat little boxes based on what we think they should be? I admire people like John Urschel for saying up yours to all that. But that won't cut it with most coaches at this level. Maybe that's a good thing for him long term but right now Hurley probably has some buyer's remorse.

I watched most of this game. He can do a couple of nice things occasionaly offensivelly. Nice touch at times. But that’s about it. I think you also nailed it with the “laser-focused” part. He made one weird play on D mid-1H where he challenged one of their decently skilled bigs in the high post. He got up on him pretty good. Then for some reason he just retreated like to start heading back for a rebound. The dude didn’t give him a fake or anything. The UL guy then simply buried the short little J. I don’t think he played after that. SHU went with some other bigs who were more rebounder/banger types.