OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo? | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Shady McCoy headed to Buffalo?

So at the end of the day Chip Kelly got rid of McCoy and got Kiko Alonso and then Demarco Murray to be his new RB

Murray has 527 less carries than McCoy and less wear and tear and Alonso is a star linebacker making around $400,000 this year. I haven't agreed with all the moves Chip has made, but shipping off McCoy and getting Alonso and then replacing McCoy with Murray is brilliant
Murray is a downgrade from McCoy. Kiko had a good half of a rookie year. They got a worse RB and a promising LB. Call it a wash. It's not brilliant.

longislandcuse said:
Murray is a downgrade from McCoy. Kiko had a good half of a rookie year. They got a worse RB and a promising LB. Call it a wash. It's not brilliant.

How much worse is Murray than McCoy? And we took him from our divisional champs.

you are in the minority on that one

Everyone in the media is giving credit to Chip Kelly and the Eagles for what they have done so far and improving their roster. Vegas has even improved their Super Bowl odds yesterday. http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id...-reaction-las-vegas-colts-eagles-odds-improve

But why let facts get in the way :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jordan Cameron signed with the Dolphins. Now reports are Charles Clay is flying back to Miami to possibly sign his tender. This could be interesting. A little TE drama in Miami.

Cowboys are going to end up getting Peterson. C'mon it's Jerry. He might not have picked Manziel last year, but he's still in charge.

I just can't see him trading for the right to pay Peterson three times as much as he was offering DeMarco.

Jordan Cameron signed with the Dolphins. Now reports are Charles Clay is flying back to Miami to possibly sign his tender. This could be interesting. A little TE drama in Miami.

Clay was already back in Miami I believe. It was just reported after the fact that it was Pegula's private jet that flew him down there. Anyways, my guess is that Miami is leaving the tender on him to force the Bills to pay extra. I'd be shocked if they used up that much cap space on the TE position when they have to commit over $100 million to Tannehill next year and already committed over $100 mil to Suh this offseason.

^^ They aren't giving $100 mill to Tannehill. Tannehill will get a nice deal but if he gets much more than $20 mill guaranteed over the life if it I would be shocked. Tannehill will get a deal like what Dalton got ($25 mill guaranteed through the first 2 years.) Guaranteed money is all that matters in the NFL

Everyone in the media is giving credit to Chip Kelly and the Eagles for what they have done so far and improving their roster. Vegas has even improved their Super Bowl odds yesterday. http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id...-reaction-las-vegas-colts-eagles-odds-improve

We'll see. Murray just came off a career year in which his usage was insane and he ran behind the best line in football. I'm not saying Murray isn't good, but he hasn't proven he can stay healthy and he won't have the Cowboys O-Line this year. Kko is hard to evaluate because Philly has a need for him whereas Buffalo doesn't. I'd rather have McCoy than Murray/Kiko because I don't trust Murray as my feature back with his injury history.

Well since we aren't letting facts get in the way this is another way to look at it
The 5 big players acquired by Eagles played just 23 games COMBINED last year: Bradford (0), Alonso (0), Thurmond (2), Mathews (8), Maxwell (13)

No matter how you spin it Chip is taking huge gambles.

I'm cool with the Bills trying to sign Clay and Harvin but who they really need to be focusing on is Evan Mathis, if that dude is seriously on the table.

Well since we aren't letting facts get in the way this is another way to look at it
The 5 big players acquired by Eagles played just 23 games COMBINED last year: Bradford (0), Alonso (0), Thurmond (2), Mathews (8), Maxwell (13)

No matter how you spin it Chip is taking huge gambles.

Uh, you might want to add in the 16 games played by Murray. Plus playoffs. Yes, he's taking chances, and they could blow up in his face. But let's not be so selective with the facts.

I'm cool with the Bills trying to sign Clay and Harvin but who they really need to be focusing on is Evan Mathis, if that dude is seriously on the table.
agree with that

Uh, you might want to add in the 16 games played by Murray. Plus playoffs. Yes, he's taking chances, and they could blow up in his face. But let's not be so selective with the facts.
Your right Murray is solid as a rock when health is concerned

2013 Knee Murray sprained his MCL in week 6 and missed the following 2 games
2012 Leg Murray suffered a hamstring pull in training and missed OTAs
2012 Foot Sprained foot against Baltimore and missed the next 6 games
2011 Ankle DeMarco Murray fractured his right ankle and was placed on IR missing the remaining 3 game
2011 Leg Missed first 2 preseason games with hamstring issue
2008 College Leg Pulled a hamstring and missed a game
2007 College Knee Dislocated his patella and missed the folliowing 3 games

or my fav Ryan Mathews
2014 NFL Knee Mathews fell uncomfortably (face first with 3 300lb linebackers on top of him) and was carted off the field with an MCL injury. He is expected to miss 4-6 weeks
2013 NFL Leg Mathews re-aggravated a hamstring injury in week 12 against the chiefs. He left in the 3rd quarter and was not able to return but played the following week
2013 NFL Head Mathews left in the 3rd quarter of the week 5 game with a concussion. He was able to get cleared to play the following week
2012 NFL Upper arm Fractured collarbone and had to leave the game, missing the next three games after undergoing surgery.
2012 NFL Upper arm Placed on IR due to a broken (left)clavicle he sustained in the game against the Panthers.
2012 NFL Head Missed 4 games with a concussion
2011 NFL Calf Left game due to calf strain
2011 NFL Hand Fractured hand and left the game
2011 NFL Calf Matthews aggravated his calf during practice. He later missed one regular game.
2010 NFL Ankle Sprained right ankle ligaments and left the game vs. Jacksonville Jaguars. He then missed another game.
2010 NFL Ankle Aggravated his right ankle and had to miss the next two games.
2009 College Head Suffered concussion and missed 2 games
2008 College Knee/Foot Fractured foot and missed 5 games
2007 College Upper arm Fractured clavicle and missed one game

You keep changing your argument to suit whatever point you're trying to make. He played 16 games last year, which was the point. BTW, here's one for you. Pro Football Focus, which grades players on every play, gave Murray a 15.2 ranking for 2014, and LeSean McCoy a -9.3. Here are the rankings for all free agent RB's:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/12/25/2015-free-agents-running-backs/

BTW, the Cowboys have just signed Darren McFadden. A year older than Murray. His 2015 ranking?: -8.3.

You keep changing your argument to suit whatever point you're trying to make. He played 16 games last year, which was the point. BTW, here's one for you. Pro Football Focus, which grades players on every play, gave Murray a 15.2 ranking for 2014, and LeSean McCoy a -9.3. Here are the rankings for all free agent RB's:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2014/12/25/2015-free-agents-running-backs/

BTW, the Cowboys have just signed Darren McFadden. A year older than Murray. His 2015 ranking?: -8.3.

He broke his hand last year and had big time fumble issues. The fumble in Green Bay may have cost us the game.

Listen if you are happy you got him then good for you as an Eagle fan. All I can tell you is that we Cowboy fans are fine with it and don't feel like we just lost TD or Emmitt Smith. We knew that we had to pick between Dez and Murray. Between those two Dez is much harder to replace.

McFadden is a veteran camp body. He will not be the starter.

Bills sign Percy Harvin.

Watkins-Woods-Harvin.. Not bad.
Buffalo is a QB away from being a SB challenger. I think you guys can make the playoffs but not good enough to win the AFC.

Cassel/Manuel isn't going to win playoffs games as a game managers. Teams without good QBs always have more money for FAs since the cap numbers for their QBs are low. However good signing and Congrats Buffalo fans deserve a playoff team after 15 years.

Alsacs said:
Buffalo is a QB away from being a SB challenger. I think you guys can make the playoffs but not good enough to win the AFC. Cassel/Manuel isn't going to win playoffs games as a game managers. Teams without good QBs always have more money for FAs since the cap numbers for their QBs are low. However good signing and Congrats Buffalo fans deserve a playoff team after 15 years.
It really is a shame that the one missing piece is the most significant.

Yea, my hope is Roman can get EJ to play to a Kaep level or Cassell to an Alex Smith level in this offense. Those aren't very high ceilings but would get us to the playoffs.

Could they put all these pieces together with a franchise QB within in the cap though? Probably not. Here's hoping EJ really learned a lot last year and has worked his a$$ off to get better.

Yea, my hope is Roman can get EJ to play to a Kaep level or Cassell to an Alex Smith level in this offense. Those aren't very high ceilings but would get us to the playoffs.

Honestly Buffalo should talk to Orton about giving it a go one more year . Between Orton, EJ, Cassell, The Va tech QB someone has to be at least mediocore.

Could they put all these pieces together with a franchise QB within in the cap though? Probably not. Here's hoping EJ really learned a lot last year and has worked his a$$ off to get better.
Not sure how rookie salaries work vis-a-vis the cap, but maybe the only way to have significant cap room and a quality QB is to be able to grab one somehow in the draft.