OT - so does Rex Ryan keep his job? | Syracusefan.com

OT - so does Rex Ryan keep his job?

chakka3421

All Conference
I was watching the Pats-Jets game last week and I don't think even an SU game during the Grob era was as bad as the 3 TDs in 52 seconds was for the Jets. Since their is a lot of talk about coaches losing jobs lately on this forum, does Rex stay or go this year too? I don't think he lasts unless some miracle happens and they win out for the rest of the season...

I think the GM goes first.

One would think.

As a Pats fan I actually like Rex. But Tannenbaum is awful. I remember watching him in the Jets' Hard Knocks season and coming away completely unimpressed.

One would think.

As a Pats fan I actually like Rex. But Tannenbaum is awful. I remember watching him in the Jets' Hard Knocks season and coming away completely unimpressed.
As a Giants fan I am happy watching both of them

First thing is first, bench Sanchez and start McElroy. Screw Tebow - trade him.

As a Jets fan, GAWD I HOPE SO. Both Rexie and Tinkerbell need to go

Gut the offense and start over.

Woody is cheap as . I don't think he'll scrap both Rex and Mr. T. I think both get one more year.

If that is the case, I think they look get a more pass-oriented OC, upgrade where they can on skills positions and give Sanchez one more year (sans Tebow headache) to see if they need to start over or not.

Sanchise is done in NY. He needs the support of a run game and quality receivers. He's not the kind of QB that can carry a team.

As a Jet fan I think it goes as follows:

1) GM Tanny is gone and a new one hired immediately.
2) Rex get's one more season. Another if they go far in the playoffs next season. Rex is a good coach. A little mouthy but overall knows what he is doing out there.
3) Hire an OC that can actually scheme/gameplan.
4) Need new LB's, ones with speed and smarts is a must.
5) Need WR's that actually worry people.
6) Fix the holes in that OL
7) Trade or cut Tebow.
8) Move McElroy to the active roster, 2nd string. No need to go FA route with him on deck, he is good. Draft a new QB.
9) Faster safety's, ones that can actually cover in pass plays.

and those are just the obvious moves that need to take place right away.

As a Jet fan I think it goes as follows:

1) GM Tanny is gone and a new one hired immediately.
2) Rex get's one more season. Another if they go far in the playoffs next season. Rex is a good coach. A little mouthy but overall knows what he is doing out there.
3) Hire an OC that can actually scheme/gameplan.
4) Need new LB's, ones with speed and smarts is a must.
5) Need WR's that actually worry people.
6) Fix the holes in that OL
7) Trade or cut Tebow.
8) Move McElroy to the active roster, 2nd string. No need to go FA route with him on deck, he is good. Draft a new QB.
9) Faster safety's, ones that can actually cover in pass plays.

and those are just the obvious moves that need to take place right away.
Will all those necessary moves how do you see the Jets doing anything next year, let alone make the playoffs and go deep?

Will all those necessary moves how do you see the Jets doing anything next year, let alone make the playoffs and go deep?

I do not think that is much. They have talent.

New GM
New OC
1 WR that worries from FA ( to compliment Holmes )
1 LB from FA
1 RT/G from FA

That gets them going. I see playoffs next season with what I just posted

Rex will keep his job ONLY IF he is good with Tannenbaum and Sparano being fired.

If he fights for them then he will get fired too and it will be a total house cleaning

New GM
New OC
1 LB from FA
1 RT/G from FA

Jets are in salary cap hell and can't sign 1 of those guys let alone all 3. Especially if they decide to cut ties with Sanchez and have to eat that contract

Jets are in salary cap hell and can't sign 1 of those guys let alone all 3. Especially if they decide to cut ties with Sanchez and have to eat that contract

Didn't know the cap situation. Thanks.

Rex will keep his job ONLY IF he is good with Tannenbaum and Sparano being fired.

If he fights for them then he will get fired too and it will be a total house cleaning

Agree with this.

New GM
New OC
1 LB from FA
1 RT/G from FA

It's not easy to get good OLineman in FA, teams don't like letting good ones go.

It's not easy to get good OLineman in FA, teams don't like letting good ones go.

I agree.
Doesn't need to be a good to great one, just one that's better than what is there now, lol.

I agree.
Doesn't need to be a good to great one, just one that's better than what is there now, lol.

As a Jets fan, a speed bump would be better than what's there now.

Going forward the Jets are in a tough spot. No QB to build around. No salary cap room. NE is the class of the division and not going away. Miami has a QB of the future, a bright new head coach, and over $60 mill in salary cap money to spend next offseason. They are a team on the rise.

The Jets are fighting with the Bills to stay out of the basement of the AFC East moving forward. With Revis coming off a major injury, Holmes being a nut-job and coming off a major injury, no o-line, no QB, no RB's, a head coach who has no control over anything, and an owner who wants to make headlines and to see Mitt Romney win an election more than his own team win games. And oh yeah...they are stuck with the Tebow Circus as a cloud that hangs over the entire franchsie...the Jets are gonna be really bad for the next few years. REALLY REALLY BAD!

I think he should go. He has built a very poor culture in NY one where confidence has turned to cockiness. The way the team handles themselves is embarrassing at times, and that has nothing to do with the GM. I believe they would both need to go in order to get that organization back on track. Rex has a great football mind, but he isn't able to get the best out of players which is 50 percent of coaching. Now this is coming from a Pats fan so it is likely very biased. I will say that if we could get Rex as a D coordinator I would be excited. Head coach not so much.

Taking his previous relationships with the organization into consideration, would Marrone take the Jets job...if offered?

Taking his previous relationships with the organization into consideration, would Marrone take the Jets job...if offered?

He'd be crazy to not listen them if they are interested, which they should be if they were smart but luckily it's the Jets so that isn't part of the equation.

Going forward the Jets are in a tough spot. No QB to build around. No salary cap room. NE is the class of the division and not going away. Miami has a QB of the future, a bright new head coach, and over $60 mill in salary cap money to spend next offseason. They are a team on the rise.

The Jets are fighting with the Bills to stay out of the basement of the AFC East moving forward. With Revis coming off a major injury, Holmes being a nut-job and coming off a major injury, no o-line, no QB, no RB's, a head coach who has no control over anything, and an owner who wants to make headlines and to see Mitt Romney win an election more than his own team win games. And oh yeah...they are stuck with the Tebow Circus as a cloud that hangs over the entire franchsie...the Jets are gonna be really bad for the next few years. REALLY REALLY BAD!
Lucky for you Buffalo's QB might actually be worse than yours and we have a def. coordinator who refuses to blitz...ever. You will never be in the basement.

I'd be surprised if he got the axe. Granted he talks too much for his own good and lucked into a couple title games because the Colts forfeited a reg. season game and Nate Kaeding is a choker. But has he really done that terrible of a job? They were 8-8 last year, not 4-12. Just because the media was gullible enough to buy into the hype doesn't mean they have underachieved. IMO that defense overachieves every year without a real pass-rusher and this year missing their only star player.

He still has a toe hold in the situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom