OT: Spartan Race Winter Sprint - Greek Peak, NY | Syracusefan.com

OT: Spartan Race Winter Sprint - Greek Peak, NY

NickRU06

Walk On
Full Disclosure: I'm a Rutgers fan. I'll never post about football though - I don't even post on the Rutgers boards usually. I've lurked here for years. Just like to read other active/interesting college message boards in addition to RU.

Any other Spartans?

There is a Spartan Sprint at Greek Peak Resort in Cortland, NY next Saturday on March 4, 2017.
4.5 miles up and down the mountain - mostly the Odyssey and Olympia trails and the tube park.

{{meta.title}}

Spartan Winter Race

Wanted to get some feedback on how the weather/snow has been in the area and general comments on what to expect on the mountain?

Any suggestions on attire or footwear for being on the mountain that long?

I'm in northern Jersey and will be making the 3 hour drive up early that morning and then driving back that afternoon after the race (have a 13month old and a 8 month preggo wife so didn't get clearance to stay the night and check out the area).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Better to ask the snow question next weekend. This week is expected to melt most of the snow. However, if you are running on a trail...they usually build those areas up with snow. I would bring two types of shoes...one for snow n ice and the other pair for mud.

Personally I would make sure my trail shoes have Gortex...but I'm not an expect.

Last edited:
Thick wool socks. 2 layers better than one. Definitely want wool against the skin. Loose fitting shoes. You want the layers of socks to not compress when in the shoe.

Goretex is nice but, like many aspects of footwear, is a matter of preference. You're going to get wet no matter what you do. I prefer to stay light and have better ground feel, so a flexible sole, but I know guys who lace up hiking boots, prefering the traction to cut into the terrain from a more rigid sole.

Gaiters are not a bad idea either.

Good luck. Wish I could make it. The fact that you're a Spartan lets me overlook the fact that you're one of those unmentionables.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom