OT: Speed of Sound | Syracusefan.com

OT: Speed of Sound

TexanMark

Tailgate Guru
My son broke it today for the first time...he is 2 months away from graduation. I saw him last weekend at Pilot Training and the old man hung with the youngsters in Beer Pong.

F-15E Strike Eagle or A-10 Warthog seems like his future...outside shot at an F-22.

BTW, he said it was a bit anticlimatic (Breaking the sound barrier) :rolleyes: I told him the cattle and old folks you scared the crap out of on the ground would differ.

I know RayinVA has done it...anyone else who reads the board experience it?

congratulations man. that is awesome. Thank you and your son for your service. You must be and should be very proud... and f-22... if you get that does that mean you are a baller assed pilot?

My son broke it today for the first time...he is 2 months away from graduation. I saw him last weekend at Pilot Training and the old man hung with the youngsters in Beer Pong.

F-15E Strike Eagle or A-10 Warthog seems like his future...outside shot at an F-22.

BTW, he said it was a bit anticlimatic (Breaking the sound barrier) :rolleyes: I told him the cattle and old folks you scared the crap out of on the ground would differ.

Outstanding.

Old school calls for skillz and stones, especially the Hog. Those get up close and personal.

Very, and I mean very, limited F-22 seats.

Has the F-22 been deployed at all?

If you mean operational and in service, yes.

Those are the crown jewels in case of a war with a real peer.

I knew they were in service just was curious if they have been deployed and flown sorties over Iraq / Afghanistan?
If you mean operational and in service, yes.

Those are the crown jewels in case of a war with a real peer.

Very cool - and I'm sure a very proud moment for both of you. Always wanted to experience that, but 6'6" guys don't fit in supersonic fighters real well.

Awesome! Congrats to your son, Mark.

Here is the kicker...his first choice is a C-17 but the USAF might need him in a fighter.
C-17: Is that to make him more suitable for the airlines? I have a good friend that flies a C-5 and chose it so he could get a civilian job as a pilot. Still ended up full time in the USAF after 9/11.

If all goes according to plan, F-35 will be coming to VT in the near future. Any chance he goes for that? I know they are only at Eglin at this point, but that is supposed to be the plane of the future.

Working with an A-10 pilot for the ID Air Guard this week. Jealous is an understatement. Good for your son whatever he chooses. High speed must be just one of the ways you describe him.

I think I see a Syracusefan.com air taxi service in his future with an airborne tailgate service for remote fans. First stop Cusetroop. Congrats to your son and kudos to you as well. Thanks for sharing really cool news with us. Maybe he can buzz Metlife on Saturday?

Let me know when he breaks the speed of light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never flown supersonic. But I have been hit with the sound wave of an F14 Tomcat breaking the sound barrier while flying hanger deck level during an at sea air show. There was a group of us standing on a hanger deck sponson during the air show. We heard the F14 coming low and fast. Exactly as it screamed past our location it broke the barrier. It was loud as hell, the blast wave about knocked me off my feet. I can't really do it justice, it was pretty intense. Tomcats rule.

Funny you mention the F-35, his g/f is from Vermont/NY border area near Saratoga Springs and would love him going to the Vermont ANG. He'd have to fly active duty first before going Guard.

Funny you mention the F-35, his g/f is from Vermont/NY border area near Saratoga Springs and would love him going to the Vermont ANG. He'd have to fly active duty first before going Guard.

I think they have imbedded active duty guys flying at many Guard spots now, including VT. We'd love to have him up here assuming of course that he's another Cuse fan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom