OT: Staying in Sochi is a Hilarious Adventure | Syracusefan.com

OT: Staying in Sochi is a Hilarious Adventure

No toilet fishing allowed in Sochi...

1622738_10152072255931773_1996611797_n.jpg

No vomiting? In Russia?

What the heck is the bottom right supposed represent except for ways my hips don't go.

Wow. What a craphole. This is on the Olympic committee.

I love the olympics...however

22-0 #1 ranked in the country basketball season > Olympics every night of the week.

Oh and SWAC > Olympics too

I read in The Economist that something like 1/3rd (conservative estimate) of government funds put towards the Olympics have been stolen - it's just so corrupt there.

Is this going on soon? I never pay attention to the Olympics.

I agree with the banning of upperdeckers (second row, 2nd from top) but I'm trying to figure out what's going on with that last picture.

I agree with the banning of upperdeckers (second row, 2nd from top) but I'm trying to figure out what's going on with that last picture.

No grenade throwing?

No vomiting? In Russia?

What the heck is the bottom right supposed represent except for ways my hips don't go.

don't crap on the floor, use the toilet......

This is Russia after all.

Russia doesn't have a monopoly on corruption, although they're pretty good at it.

What a freaking joke. The IOC should be ashamed, especially Jacques Rogge who let this all go down and let the new president Thomas Bach jump in this mess.

Sport, at its best, is a motivating tool that could have actually helped Russia. "We don't give you the Games until you make some changes," type thing. Instead, they desecrate the good ideals of sport for some kickbacks.

Nothing like awarding Winter games to a city with a subtropical climate.

The choice of this site is very questionable, The Olympic Committee has a history of corruption and that corruption has no geographic boundary.

Is this going on soon? I never pay attention to the Olympics.

It starts this weekend. Hotels are not built, transportation is non existant, and there is no snow.

It starts this weekend. Hotels are not built, transportation is non existant, and there is no snow.

Sounds like its going to be a disaster.

zeekay said:

Yea, I'd love to stay in those hotels they're trying to build on the quick.

Just corruption. I'd guess less than 10% of the 50 billion that was spent actually got to Sochi.

A lot of new superachts will be on order soon though by russian billionaires.

I love the Olympics, but the IOC is just the worst.

I feel bad for the athletes who have worked so hard to get to the Games, only to have the experience be sub-standard.

Happy to see Russia exposed though. And remember, they're hosting the World Cup soon! FIFA may be worse than the IOC.

Brazil is hosting the world cup. A bit better since they're a big futbol nation and are reusing existing stadiums for it. FIFA got totally bribed by Qatar for the next one though. That country has no intrastructure or facilities at all. The world cup site there at this point is just miles of desert with a few wild camels milling about.

Brazil is hosting the world cup. A bit better since they're a big futbol nation and are reusing existing stadiums for it. FIFA got totally bribed by Qatar for the next one though. That country has no intrastructure or facilities at all. The world cup site there at this point is just miles of desert with a few wild camels milling about.
The development and money they are going to pump into it is incredible. I've seen a few plans.

I learned yesterday that any toilet paper you use at the toilet is NOT to be put in the toilet after use. It's to be disposed of in the trash can next to the toilet. :eek:

I read in The Economist that something like 1/3rd (conservative estimate) of government funds put towards the Olympics have been stolen - it's just so corrupt there.
As opposed to the cronyism played with stimulus money.