OT - SUNY Morrisville installs new turf | Syracusefan.com

OT - SUNY Morrisville installs new turf

That is going to be brutal to play on in the sun. Fieldturf fields already have a ton of black rubber pellets that absorb heat. Coaching girls soccer in the summer on field turf, you could see the heat radiate up from the turf like a National Graphic special on the Sahara Desert. Girls would cry on sunny days because their feet were cooking in that heat.

That was with a green field. Can‘t even imagine what will happen with this charcoal monstrosity.

That is going to be brutal to play on in the sun. Fieldturf fields already have a ton of black rubber pellets that absorb heat. Coaching girls soccer in the summer on field turf, you could see the heat radiate up from the turf like a National Graphic special on the Sahara Desert. Girls would cry on sunny days because their feet were cooking in that heat.

That was with a green field. Can‘t even imagine what will happen with this charcoal monstrosity.
That was one of my initial thoughts also, but I was hoping someone more knowledgable like yourself would point it out to confirm my thinking.

That was one of my initial thoughts also, but I was hoping someone more knowledgable like yourself would point it out to confirm my thinking.
To be fair, they probably aren’t planning on using the field a lot during the hottest summer months.

But even in upstate NY, we get a lot of days in the 80s and some in the 90s in late August and into September. And it can get hot in May too.
If they wanted to be different, why not go with a color other than the one that absorbs heat so effectively?

I would look into getting Kingsford or Royal Oak to sponsor this.

Yeah. Who's horrible idea was that? Have they never stood in a parking lot on a july day?

I love it. Looks awesome and it will suck for both home and away teams but I bet Morrisville (SUNY) puts in a budget to mitigate the heat stroke. Away teams will melt like candy in the pocket of a girl on the Ferris Bueller bus.

And how bad is it going to be standing on the sideline. At least when you're playing, your distracted. When you're hust standing there you get to feel the heat just radiate up off the field. I'd be praying for night games.

To be fair, they probably aren’t planning on using the field a lot during the hottest summer months.

But even in upstate NY, we get a lot of days in the 80s and some in the 90s in late August and into September. And it can get hot in May too.
If they wanted to be different, why not go with a color other than the one that absorbs heat so effectively?

I would look into getting Kingsford or Royal Oak to sponsor this.

it's too help snow melt

That field is STOOPID.

:vomit::vomit::vomit:

...which is what their players with heatstroke will do.

Good stuff. I was afraid this was going to be an article about both teams being incinerated during the first game.

Kill Count Explode GIF by Dead Meat James

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom